Wednesday, June 8, 2011

May oh My

Loads and loads of stuff has happened since I last blogged, and probably most of it is not that interesting to anyone but myself. So with that in mind here's a "brief" overview of some of the things we've been up too.


May flew by in a flash, a blink, a nanosecond of time...What happened to May?
Anywho here it is June and I'm still thinking about stuff that I've been wanting to blog about from May.


May is kind of a big deal (at least in my own mind)...


I told you about Mother's Day and Ethan's T-ball season ending.

I didn't tell you about my birthday-which was awesome or my mom and sister visiting! I also didn't tell you about Ethan's last day of Pre-K at SBC. Or our 9th wedding anniversary or Alex's fishing trip.


So lets' start with my awesome birthday...I had a REALLY hard time turning 35 last year. But 36-not so much. I've adopted the no complaining, eeehhhh what's another year, attitude, because really does it REALLY matter?


Anyway my most awesome friends planned a dinner to celebrate the big day {unfortunately I forgot my camera}. SO MUCH FUN! My super nice friend Jackie even arranged a babysitter for me so I wouldn't have to worry about it. AND even took said babysitter home once we were done partying {and by partying I mean in a way that only mormon girls can...with spicy jalapeno dip and push pops for dessert}.


THANK YOU Mindy, Jackie, Marisol, Micky, MJ, Jana, Lexye, Kalani, Kelly, Janalyn, Stephanie, Rose, Lori, Xan and Sharon! Thanks for the fun gifts, the good laughs and making me feel loved on my birthday! :)


To top that off, the next day (my actual birthday) my wonderful Mom and amazing sister, well, I have two amazing sisters but only one of them came to visit, came to visit...And we had fun! And by fun I mean we cleaned out ALL of my closets and organized and organized and organized and organized some more. HALLE-FREAKIN'-LUJAH (I realize it might be inappropriate to use 'freakin' and hallelujah together but that tells you how excited I was)!!! I'm so organized I'm almost not sure what to do? That may be the best birthday present I've gotten, ever!! Oh and we did go on a HUGE shopping spree, kid free and shopped ONLY for me! HEAVEN! We lunched and even splurged on a delicious $4.00 cupcake. I realize this all sounds very narcissistic, but if you really knew how little I shop for myself, and most of you who have seen me recently could probably tell (oh, this shirt from 10 yrs ago?), yeah I needed a little me shopping time.
Moving right along to Ethan ending Pre-K. It's done...the end...

Kidding!! I could go on and on but I'll be brief. And share only one story...As the end of the year party was wrapping up and the kids were ready to go with their backpacks on and bags full of goodies and their scrapbooks in tow(that some amazing room moms made for each kid-so adorable), they all started giving each other hugs! Nobody told them to do it, it started with one little boy hugging another and then they ALL gave each other a good-bye hug! How cute is that? Ethan was so lucky to be in a such a great Pre-K class with a wonderful teacher and obviously some pretty great kids!




Ethan and his friend Joshua and Abby (Seriously HATE our camera)








And moving on quickly to the 9th wedding anniversary...Have I lost you? Probably, huh...

Not the most romantic anniversary ever well, quite frankly romance never came into play that day. My mom and sister left, one of the cables to Alex's car battery went haywire (or something), then he had to go to work, then I discovered ants in our newly organized house. OY! We did sort of celebrate by going on a date earlier in the week, we went to eat at Jason's Deli {which was bleh at best} and then we went to see Thor. Seriously could the romance get any better?! The important thing is we're solid, and we still like each other. What's more romantic than that? Oh! And guess what I got Alex for an anniversary present...wait for it...NOTHING! Yeah, I'm lame! At least he got me a really sweet card...The romance just ooozing from this story huh?



Here we are 9 years ago...Oh happy day!


Moving right along...



Alex's fishing trip...Alex was so excited to go with two of his best friends {since they were 10} they've been through a lot together (this fishing trip probably being right up there on the list). They're really more like brothers than friends. One of the buddies even came from Arizona. The fishing trip went something like this...Rode on a boat off of Galveston for about an hour and turned right around and came back to Galveston. Lame, huh? But wait it gets better, not only did they not get to fish but they had to suffer through 6 foot waves (the reason they turned around and came back). It was a really rocking party boat, where pretty much everyone on board got sea sick. Except my Alex, I'm so proud. So instead of giving up and going home, these guys decided to go see Thor (poor Alex), male bonding at it's finest.



Josh and Blake (this picture is from 9 years ago and Alex still wears that shirt sometimes, maybe he needs a little shopping spree too!) ;)


Now we're to June...And not much has happened in June...keeping fingers crossed nothing crazy happens...We've been hitting Splashtown pretty hard-it's HOT! HOT! HOT! HOT! I really hate Texas in the summer...But I love Splashtown in the summer. Splashtown is fun on many levels-fun slides, lazy river, kids love it, people watching (for example saw a lady wearing underwear, not sure if she thought it was a swimsuit but it was definitely underwear. Also saw a guy in full on cowboy boots, jeans and a cowboy hat-in 100 degree weather...at a water park...Can't make that stuff up! Seriously LOVE Texas (just not in the summer and only at Splashtown).

Ethan doing the slides by himself and loving it!


She is getting so big!
Isn't her suit the cutest? Thanks Grammie!


And if you're still reading this and you're not an immediate relative-you must be the most patient kindest human being ever! And I consider you my forever friend!

4 comments:

Singled Out said...

LOVE the update! You are HIL-AR_IOUS!

Terri said...

Yeah, I made it to the end! I must be awesome! I was sad I missed your birthday dinner :( but I'm glad you guys had a blast. I have an idea just plan on making your 10year anniversary ledgendary! Better start planning for it now.

Jana said...

:) Reading your blog is just like listening to you live. I love it! Especially since I missed out on the update this morning. (Sorry about that!) Love ya Kelli!

Kristin said...

I always think of you guys when our anniversary rolls around because they're so close together. The 9th must be a lame one. I got David a DVD for free with credit card points :). He wanted to see Thor, but I vetoed him and we saw X-Men.