Saturday, November 23, 2013

"I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers!"

October is nice isn't it? I've always liked October. The change in weather (in most places), trees and colors and smells it brings with it. We enjoyed our October..

We tried to get festive...
(and not to toot my own horn or anything but all the old ladies on my street just love my wreath...Wait, should I toot my own horn about that?)



Grammie and Aunt Kim and Aunt Kristi sent us some fun Halloween stuff!

Including some spooky socks!



Ethan had a program at school, it was so cute all about books etc.
Songs that had lyrics like... "Don't you be a Pinocchio or your nose will grow and grow and grow...don't you ever ever ever tell lies.." And, "poor poor poor Alice went through it all when she traveled through Wonderland..." It was cute and it was on dress up day, so some kids wore their costumes.
(the lighting is terrible but Ethan's in the gray polo, not dressed up)

The 'hood had a garage sale, and boy did we have STUFF to sale. This is how my house looked the day before the sale. YIKES! If that's not scary I'm not sure what is!!!

Alex  took the kids to a pumpkin patch (I was so sick and stayed home) to pick up that bad boy pumpkin. It was BIG!

We wanted to dress up for the church trunk or treat, but couldn't decide what to be. I was just going to go as a nerd (not a big stretch). So on Oct. 30th, we joined all the other procrastinators at Party City and still couldn't decide what to be. So we decided to hit Wally world and we found this bacon costume buried in the back of the shelf and Hallelujah a costume idea was born!! I said YOU should be bacon and I'll be eggs!!! We laughed and laughed (we think we're pretty funny). 
The kids costumes are pretty self explanatory...right?

Ethan was not too pleased about having to scoop out the pumpkin guts...I don't like that part either.
We all drew pictures of pumpkin faces and submitted them to a vote. I won! ;)
Cute pumpkin(s)!

I took the kids out trick or treating, they loved it! Abby decided to be a princess instead of Minnie that night, sure, why not?! It had been raining ALL day and nobody was sure we'd be able to even trick or treat, but it cleared up about 4 and turned out to be a nice night.

No good reason for this pic., other than I think she's cute!

 “October extinguished itself in a rush of howling winds and driving rain and November arrived, cold as frozen iron, with hard frosts every morning and icy drafts that bit at exposed hands and faces.”

OK...maybe not quite, here in the subtropics...but I do love me some Harry Potter quotes!
Here's some of our November happenings...

We hit the drive in, poor Abby was freezing! It was like 53 degrees...she's a Texan..She looks like a mini Mary, that should be in the Nativity...

Me and wreaths, what's the deal?!

The ward camp out. It was actually cold! Say what?! 
We sure had fun! I thought the kids would love making and eating s'mores but not so much. They had way more fun playing on their air mattress in the tent! They went to bed at like 7:30.  



I always loved going camping when I was little too. My "Bampa" was the camper extraordinaire and he did it right! And I always loved camping because of him. And I loved to be outside. I am so happy my kids like it and I'm sure my Bampa is pretty proud too.











She's a good helper.

We said good bye to Alex's grandma Sarah. She was the last of the grandparents for either of us. 
We'd say: "We love you Grandma Sarah!"
She'd say: "I love you more!"
We'd say: "We love YOU more!"
She'd say: "I love you most!"
We'll miss that sweet (and sassy) lady.





Abby's cute little dance class had a Turkey Wobble and Turkey Tango performance for the Mom's (and Dad's and Grandmas)! Seriously how cute are they?!!!

And
We finally got some new family pictures. The last time we got official family pictures was when Abby was about 18 months old or so. Yeah it was time. I've been putting it off, the way I look right now (and apparently for the last 4 years) is just not my favorite but it is what it is and my kids aren't going to be little forever, I better just suck it up and capture their cute little kid-ness while we can.














My super cute and talented friend Janalyn took the photos, didn't she do GREAT! She recently took ONE photography class, just one, and look at these great pictures! She's good at everything she tries, yeah she's one of THOSE. If I didn't love her, I'd probably hate her. :)

We're getting super excited for Turkey day! Gobble, gobble... And some other things coming up in December! Whoot! Whoot!

1 comment:

Singled Out said...

I love my Texas Turkeys! Oh! and good job on the wreaths!