May went super duper fast! So fast that the days seemed to have me in a daze. Mother's Day, My Birthday, Our Anniversary, End of School, Abby's Dance Recital, Family visiting...While things are a bit fuzzy, our May Daze were loaded with fun!
Thanks to these goofballs I get to experience motherhood and celebrate Mother's Day. I love being a Mom, heaven knows I'm nowhere near perfect but I sure love my kids and that's a good start, right?
On Mother's Day, poor Alex woke up feeling very sick with a bad sore throat etc. So he mustered up enough strength to make me breakfast. I ended up going to church by myself (the kids said they didn't feel good either but I think once they knew Dad was going to be home, they wanted to be home too). And we had pizza for dinner.
My favorite thing was the homemade cards by my kids...
(Ethan loves me because I help him make his bed..Ha! And I love the way Abby draws people, with giant eyes.)
And...
My good friend Kelly and I both have birthdays in May so our cute friends took us out to eat some yummy Greek food. I love my friends, I didn't take any pictures that night but we had a blast! I got home and found this note on my dresser from Ethan. "For Mom Dear Mom I hope you come home torrow and you be safe with your frends" Heehee! So sweet this boy of mine!
(And to be clear I came home the same night but I wasn't going to see him until "torrow")
And my Mom and sisters came to town to see Abby in her dance recital and to celebrate my birthday with me.
Best Aunts EVER!
Abby put in a request that Grammie and her Aunts take her to Build A Bear when they arrived, of course that request was granted. When the diva speaks, people listen...The Disney Princesses have "palace pets" and Build A Bear has them now too, Abby knew this somehow, not sure how but she did...So she knew exactly what she wanted when we showed up, which is nice that she's so decisive, she did NOT get that from her Mother.
She chose Sleeping Beauty's kitty, and named her Sparkle Kitty, and has since been changed to Princess Kitty..
Abby chose the whole outfit and was SOOOOOOOOOOOO excited!
The kids were so excited to have a sleep over at the hotel where my fam was staying. What a fun adventure for them.
We went to Old Town Tomball and wandered around, I was looking for some old iron outdoor furniture and found some but it was VERY expensive for old iron outdoor furniture. Or maybe I'm just cheap. But we did get this cute picture.
My sister Kristi used to live in H-town and would sometimes go to Valley Ranch BBQ, they have "THE best onion rings in the world!". She's been dreaming about these onion rings for 12 years. Needless to say she was very happy to finally get them, actually we ALL were.
Not only does Valley Ranch have delicious onion rings, they have some cool indoor decor as well..
We hit the pool at the hotel and it was FREEZING! And by FREEZING I mean FREEZING!! But kids don't seem to care about that. Poor Ethan couldn't stop shivering and once his lips were blue I made him get out and bundle up.
The big dance recital!
The excitement for this had been building for months and months. But no pressure Abby. Actually she wasn't nervous and had fun. The other dance moms and I were a bit nervous about how our kids would do once they were on the big stage with the lights and a huge audience. Would they freeze? Would they forget their dance all together? Would they cry and run off the stage? But they did none of the above and were really cute and did a great job. We were all so proud of them. They were only 3 of them in the class and they became good friends and the Moms and I became good friends it was fun to go to dance and hang out with those ladies. We decided the girls just need to keep dancin' together so they'll all be in the same class next year too. So fun!
Trying to get a little mascara on Abby, she doesn't really need it lucky girl...
Aren't they adorable? Abby, Heidi and Kayla
And...
We celebrated my birthday! Don't want to talk about how old I am, but I am grateful for my family who spoil me rotten (and I'd still be grateful for them if they didn't spoil me rotten)!
Happy Birthday to me!
Many rousing not to mention hilarious renditions of Red Light Green Light were played, while the fam was here along with U-No, Candyland. We love family time!
And...
Alex and I celebrated our 12th Anniversary! We celebrated a couple days early and went to Flemings Steakhouse, our favorite place to splurge. We had a nice time. It was made even more enjoyable because Grandma and Grandpa picked up the kids early that day and took them to their house for a sleepover. The kids loved it! And honestly so did I! It was so nice to get ready for a date and not be constantly interrupted by the little people. We had a nice, relaxing, enjoyable time.
This was our goofy attempt at a selfie..You should see the other attempts...hilarious, and not attractive AT ALL!
We've come a long way baby!
So I got this card for Alex for our anniversary, I didn't realize it was an EASTER card. Hahaha! It was with all the anniversary cards so for some reason I completely overlooked the giant HAPPY EASTER written right there in the middle. Alex didn't notice it either. Hahaha! What's up CVS?! Selling Easter cards in the Anniversary section (2 months after Easter)?!
Field Day at Ethan's school. They did a little soccer, potato sack race, rolling a tire race, running, dancing, volleyball, tug of war, a water balloon toss etc. It's hot and tiring and that's just for me. I can only imagine how Ethan feels. ;)
Love this giraffe and cow that Ethan drew in art. I think they are frame worthy.
I was told that the tree is tickling the giraffe's behind.
And because it's summer that means one thing: SPLASHTOWN!!
We lost Abby for about 10 minutes, which was not my favorite 10 minutes ever. She was following Ethan and lost sight of him as he ran ahead of her, I saw her follow him but didn't realize she'd turned a different direction and then didn't come back. Luckily a lifeguard noticed her right away and that she was alone and took her to security. Meanwhile I frantically searched for her and tried not to panic. Finally a security guard found me asking if I was looking for my little girl and took me to her. Whew! We all learned a good lesson that day.


































2 comments:
Happy Easter! Oh wait....
Glad you had a good Anniversary. We just had our 12th as well. I think Kristin and David's is soon, too. Fun that we all got married at the same time.
Post a Comment