I actually really loved driving to Utah. It was the first time we've ever driven since living here. We've always just flown, but I liked being able to explore places I've never been, it almost felt like a vacation before the vacation. However I was really happy when we finally got to Grammie's house and woke up to this..
They were talking and laughing, enjoying the cool morning and were probably a little bit sleepy. I sure love those people!
Later that afternoon... Grammie's swing is the best place for naps!
Sort of hard to tell in the picture but I'm sure there are a bazillion dead bugs on the front of the Expedition. Gross! So glad the ol' dondo bus/ time machine got us there safely, however we did have to get it fixed while we were there something about a leaky hose and coil packs and $600..
Lots and Lots of pool time! Yay!
2 cute kids with 2 new bikes
Safety first for even the toughest little dudes around!
And the sweetest princesses!
We hit a classic car show and Riverton Carnival. It was fun! We lost Alex a few times looking at the cars and he'd be talking to the owners about big blocks, and exhaust systems and his beloved (rusted out, ugly green) 72 Chevy truck...
Ethan liked the Mustang and Abby liked the pink car and she also loved the white convertible, Ethan told her he would buy her one when he gets big. Aint he sweet?!
Grammie was the only one willing to ride with the children on the ferris wheel, I hate ferris wheels! Find me an old wooden roller coaster or the ones that go upside down and backwards, and I'm there in a heartbeat! These ferris wheels though no way!
The craziest thing happened to me as we were leaving the carnival (of course it was me, couldn't be anyone else) and actually I'm glad it was me and not one of the kids! As we're walking by the ride that is like a cage and spins people upside down and around and around. I got smacked on the back and neck with a flying water bottle, that was totally full mind you. It nearly knocked me down and hurt like heck! It seriously felt like I got hit with a high speed bowling ball. I turned around and looked at Alex and said, "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!" I was ready to fight someone, anyone. The adrenaline was going. Then I realized it was probably an accident and flew out of the cage of the spinning ride. A police office was near by and saw it and said she'd go talk to the people in charge, and we got out of there. I was SO ready to leave by then and I had a nice bruise on my back for a few days. Crazy stupid luck!
Happy 4th of July!!
Grammie got super festive and decorative in the dining room!
We hit Provo for the Stadium of Fire! Haven't been to one of those in ages! And I thought the kids would love it. Boy was I wrong! They hated it and wanted to leave as soon as we sat down.
This was a giant fountain of soda, I don't remember the guys names but I guess they're kind of famous and stuff for doing this kind of thing...
At least Alex had fun, playing the air drums with the kids glow sticks. Rock on, honey, rock on!
Then there was some Disney teeny bopper star that opened for Journey. None of us old folks knew who she was, and we felt kind of bad for her when she'd shout, SING WITH ME! And maybe a few 12 year olds would sing a long..
Then the real fun began when Journey came on stage, and then the real fun ended as soon as it began because the kids were SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO over this Stadium of Fire thing.
Alex and I basically ignored them and sang our hearts out and air drummed along. We're such old fogies!
OOOOOO Fireworks! Unfortunately the distraction of the fireworks was not enough to nip the whining in the bud! Look at Ethan's face!! That says it all!
After all that "suffering" we needed some four wheelin' fun! Everyone loved 4 wheelin with Papa!
Can't be sure but I think Alex is coming down that mountain somewhere in that photo...
I just realized that the cloud over that mountain makes it look like a volcano, cool!
Such a pretty day and so fun to be in the mountains!
Doesn't get much cuter than that girl!
That there is a dust devil!
Doesn't get much cooler than that boy!
More pool time with neighbor friends!
Thanksgiving Point, we went to see the 7 Wonders of the World Balloon exhibit but had fun looking at dinosaur bones too.
Everything is Awesome, when you're outside at the movie, Everything is Awesome!!
Cutest little dress up girls, I ever did see!
Cowabunga!!! Bay...
Swig sugar cookie and a mango Mtn. Dew, please! Hello! Sugar!!! Oh, Swig how I heart you!
All Aboard the Heber Creeper! I hadn't ever done this! So I was pretty excited to try it out with my kids and family. We did the dinner and ride thing. It was a pretty night and a lot of fun! Those old train cars are pretty darn cool.
Heber City is an important place in my family's history, my grandpa ("Bampa") was born and raised here and his Dad was mayor of Heber at one point. Heber's a charming little town that has grown a ton. It is a pretty place so I totally understand why people want to live there.
There was even a real life western shoot out after dinner (well mostly real life), the acting was outstanding and totally believable! ;)
Fun Family Night!




















































No comments:
Post a Comment