Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Girls are Back in Town

This post has a bazillion pictures and will probably be boring to everyone except my family! Well, maybe even my family :o)

My Mom and Sister Kim came to visit for a few days. We had lots of fun shopping, eating, eating and shopping...That's what we Peterson girls do best...It was so fun to have them here for a few days and Ethan and Abby (and me) have a serious case of the blues since they left yesterday...I'm pretty sure Ethan loves his Aunt "Pim" more than he loves his own mother...Ho hum...
Here's a few pictures of some of the things we did....

FIRST STOP as always Pappasito's Cantina for the Chips and Queso...Alex gave Abby a lemon to try out and here's what she thought...

Next Up: The mall, Kohl's, Kirklands, Hobby Lobby etc. for some shopping...Since we got a new couch I wanted new curtains and a few new decorations for the family room...So we searched high and low for curtains/valances, pillows, and accents to add some color. It was so nice to have my mom and Kim around to help me figure out what I needed. Especially since I'm SOOOO indecisive. We did let the kid's ride the carousel and play in the play area-so as not to be TOTAL hooligans while shopping! Actually my kids are pretty good shoppers, I train them early on...


(Super cute picture of Abby- not so much of her mother)

Next We Hit: The Zoo-man with as much as we go to the zoo you'd think it was the coolest zoo ever. But it's not. I guess it's just something to do on nice weather days which is kinda of a rare thing here in Houston so we try to take advantage! Pim and E-town and the giraffes... Snacks are key to a happy zoo experience...And not just for the kids, for the adults too!Awww...The obligatory petting of the goats...I think this is the 4,000th picture I have of Ethan doing this, and it's probably all the same goat too!
Ethan a top Alex's shoulder the best way to see the elephants-no doubt...
Abby loves to watch fish and would point at just about everything and say "Dis"
Abby loving walking around and being free of the stroller for a few minutes!

Next Up: Back to the mall to make some valance returns and take the kids to Build-A-Bear...
Abby with her Blossom Bunny

Ethan got a dog and named it Dozer-after one of his favorite beagle dogs. So Matt and Carrie now we're just like you with a Daisy and a Dozer!

Ethan making Dozer give Abby some kisses... Happy Abby


Abby loves the shoes from Build A Bear that we got to go on her Blossom Bunny and wears them quite often, even though half her foot hangs out of the top. We figure they're probably the most comfortable shoes she has since they allow her chubby little feet to breathe a little!
Next Up: Hanging Out and just some random pictures:

Aunt Pim gave Abby this cute little piggy bank and Abby LOVES it! She even gives it kisses!




Hee Hee! Those are 3D glasses from when Alex and I saw Avatar. I didn't want you to think that we paid money for those glasses ;o)
She's not nicknamed Sister Crazy Hair for nothin'! (And yes she's holding on to a string that has a balloon attached to it... in the bathtub...I know...I know).

Enjoying some breakfast with Grammie Wish my chubby body looked half this cute in my swimsuit!


It's safe to say my kid's are completely spoiled by their Aunts and Grammie, here's a fun Cars truck for Ethan for no real reason other than he wanted it. Is there nothing his Aunt Pim won't do for him? Probably not!!!

Last Up: We hit the park... Sorry bud, Clifford's kinda slow!

Easy there cowboy!

Thanks Kim and Grammie for a fun time! We love you lots! And tell "Dee" she needs to come see us soon-cuz we missed her!

3 comments:

Carl & Rosemarie Brauning said...

You are TOO CUTE! This was not boring. Thanks for sharing their visit with your blog world. I loved it. Your kids are sooo stinkin cute too. Cute kids make everything :)

Melanie Bingham said...

Really..you just need to move closer!!!! Although I am tempted to come down and try that Papasita's that sounds really good about now and it's not even lunch yet!

Bryan said...

So I just have to say it- that Abby is a doll! I know I say this every time- but every time I see her its like she has gotten more squishy and cute! I really can't help myself! I want to come see your new home decor- to match your new couches, of course! & You look so cute BTW. You just do!- MJ