Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Shakin' Things Up...

It's SO hot and humid right now, we've been staying inside quite a bit, which leads to some serious boredom and WAY too much TV watching...

So we've been trying to shake it up a bit...

The kids have been helping me bake and cook more-which is fun for me and for them...(And by fun for me I mean, stressful and a little crazy) ;)
Here we are making chocolate frosting..
Abby had fun with the powdered sugar...




Yum! Good work, sis!

We've been shakin' it up...

By hitting Splashtown more often...

They are so cute always holding hands, Ethan is SO good about looking out for Abby! He's an awesome big brother!



And shakin' it up some more...
By going to a new (to us) place called Bouncin' Bears-it's an indoor (more importantly air conditioned), bouncy house, inflatable slide etc. place...It was fun and exhausting (I think more so for me and Alex then for the kids)
Abby was little timid at first but I took her down the biggest slide first-then she had a BLAST!
ARRRRGGGHH! Matey!
Ethan totally loved it. He was funny to watch cuz he had THE hardest time deciding where to go, when there's so much fun to be had, how do you pick where to go next!? He'd literally run around in a circle trying to figure it out!





See? She got so confident she was going down the slides all kinds of ways...

Super blurry picture I know but it's Ethan going head first on his back down the slide! What a goof ball!

I think it's safe to say the kids are glad we're...
Shakin' things up!

4 comments:

Terri said...

Feel like shakin' it up some more, you can come and play with me. I'll take you to the splash pad or our pool, or just hang with some old friends in a a/c house.

Kelli said...

OK, Terri! Just tell me when and I am SO there! That'd be so fun!

Kristin said...

Isn't it funny how when the kids want to "help" it's so much more work!? I love the expressions Abby gets on her face. We just discovered a bounce house yesterday. I wish I had known about it all summer!!

Kristin said...

P.S. LOVE LOVE LOVE the family pictures on the right of your blog.