Thursday, April 12, 2012

The Park, Easter, the Beach and Construction

The weather has been pretty darn nice lately and we've been trying to take full advantage. We've been hitting the parks quite a bit. Ethan loves taking his bike to the park and is getting pretty good at turning and stopping, important things when you're in charge of the bike. And Abby loves the swings.








On Easter Sunday we went church, and it was a great church day! Good reminders of what Easter really means to us. Check out the kiddo's in their cute Easter's duds, thanks to Grammie, Aunt Kimi and Aunt Kristi. Alex and I thought Abby looked a little Shirley Temple-esque, don't ya think?

Could my belly or my hair be any bigger?! I think not!





Then after church we decided to hit the beach. Not normally something we'd do on the Sabbath let alone Easter Sunday. BUT for lots of reasons Sunday seemed the best and only day we could do it and might be the only time we can go before we have baby Amber. It was totally crowded but a perfectly lovely beach day, finished off with some delicious pizza along the seawall. We just had a nice, fun, family day. Once again, thanks to Grammie, Aunt Kimi and Aunt Kristi check out the kid's in their adorable "Swimsoups" as Abby calls them.

Don't you love the look of pure joy on her face?


He loves the waves!
She loves the sand!




And after living in our humble little home for almost 8 years we decided to finally finish out what was once a loft and is now Abby's room. When we built and bought this home we thought, once we have kids we'll move. Well, 8 years and two and a half kids later we're still here. So Abby's room has been an open loft area without a door or a closet and a half wall that was open to the stairs. So we decided it was time to finish it off. Luckily Alex has some connections at work and found a carpenter willing and able to do it. So we're almost there! Very exciting to have another closet/storage space, something we're in serious need of. And Abby is excited to have a "real, big" room. And now she wants to paint it purple. Ummmmm, probably not...






This will be the closet, obviously the sheet rock will be trimmed to fit the door frame. :)

That's not the only thing under construction...Check out my HUGE belly!!

3 comments:

Terri said...

First, your kids are getting HUGE! When did that happen! I was just looking at Ethans Elmo cake, was that his 2nd birthday? Also, I feel like you should have told me that you were putting in the 3rd room! I don't know why, but still! Can't wait to see it done!

Mindy and Benjamin said...

Oh my goodness those were some cute pictures! I'm super excited about the construction, that's awesome! You guys truly are amazing :)

Kristin said...

I was thinking how much I loved your hair when I read the big hair comment. I think it looks great and you look beautiful. I love the picture of the kids holding hands and Abby sideways in the beach chair is a crack up. (I know of a 3-bedroom home with a great yard you can buy :)!) Love you guys!