We went to the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo, which I think should be re-named the Houston fun to people watch with super long lines and a crazy crowd-eo. What do you think? OK maybe not... We had a lot of fun, and it was totally tiring! It was crowded, probably because it's spring break and probably because Zac Brown Band was playing that night.
We didn't even go to the rodeo OR the concert, we just hit the livestock show and the carnival, which was PLENTY for this cowgirl (emphasis on cow)! Poor Alex had to stand in line for everything so I could sit down, and had to take the kids on the rides that they couldn't go on by themselves. Good thing he's good natured. Good thing nobody mistook me for a cow about to give birth!
The kids had fun doing the little farm thing, that they do every year. And they liked watching the Mutton Bustin' and I just have to throw it out there that the girls are WAY better Mutton Buster's than the boys...Just sayin'...
I asked Ethan and Abby what their favorite part was, Ethan said the Ferris Wheel and Abby said the sheep. Huh...well...whatever floats your boat.
Yee-haw!!
My cute cowgirl!
What a handsome dude!
They're naturals! Pa-pa would be so proud!
Petting the baby sheep, so cute!
Uh, Hello there...
Cute yiddo yamb!
I love how the baby goats just hop on the back of whatever is closest, in this case it was a llama.
This is the "Mom, you pick me up?" face.
Elsie...The Borden cow, she's a pretty cow with shiny shiny horns.
Choo choo! All aboard!
Those little kids climbing the stairs, that's my kids (notice how Ethan is looking back to check on Abby-he's a good brother). The burlap sack was as big as Abby. We thought for sure she would get to the top and not want to go down. But Ethan was there and he made sure to wait for her before he went down. As long as they have each other they will do scary stuff! AND they LOVED it!
This part was a little nerve racking for me. My little family on this HUGE ferris wheel without me and the people holders didn't have doors just an opening, not even a rope or anything. YIKES! It did have seat belts though. So Alex made Ethan wear the seat belt and loop his hand through the other seat belt. And had Abby next to him and cinched her up tight in the seat belt with his hand so she couldn't move.
I guess it was a little nerve racking for Alex too.
Once the rides were done, we ate all the junk food any good carnival has to offer. Funnel cakes, sno-cones and popcorn!
These cowgirls and cowboys had a great time at the Houston fun to people watch with super long lines and a crazy crowd-eo!
Yee-haw Y'all!










5 comments:
I LOVE how y'all got so dressed up. That lil' cowgirl of yours needs her own hat! I sure do miss going to the Rodeo.
Makes me want to put on my hat and shit-kickers!
that looks super fun! wish they would come to vegas, my kids would flip!!
Hey Kelli! You are so good at taking pictures of your family. I love all the pictures, especially of black & white on of Ethan. Wish we still saw each other every week:( Hope you are doing well!
I hope you made a big print of that picture of the three of them from behind. That is priceless!
Post a Comment