Thursday, July 4, 2013

June Wrap Up

Now that's it's July, time to wrap up June in pictures at least...

Let the Splashtown outings commence!







 And my Dad came to visit, for a few days over Father's Day weekend. 
We like to do touristy things when my Dad's in town. We hit the Lonestar Flight Museum in Galveston.
That was fun to see all the old planes, they still fly some at air shows and such. You can even pay to fly in one. We tried to convince Papa he should go for a spin but he wasn't having it.

 The plane pictured above is an old passenger plane, Continental Airlines I think..
 They were working on the engine on this little plane.




 Alex said he looks like a Lego man because of his hands. Hahaha! He's funny!
 These wings fold up!


 Papa wanted this ol' Ford truck parked in his driveway!



 I think this is an Indian Motorcycle, I'm not sure how old it is but it's pretty sweet!





 Then another day we went to NASA...



 Ethan's a bit crazy for Angry Birds right now, so he was over the moon (so to speak) to see it at NASA!
 Taking the train tour  to see Mission Control and the rockets they used in the Apollo and other Missions.
 Waiting to watch a movie about the shuttle.














 I loved these quotes from the astronauts. The '60's must have been such an exciting time for space exploration. How amazing to see our beautiful blue planet from space. I imagine that's pretty humbling and awe inspiring.



 I think I have a pretty big sense of patriotism and American pride. But after leaving NASA, I think I felt it even more so. What amazing things these American men and women scientists, engineers, physicists and astronauts have achieved, doing the seemingly impossible. Space travel has definitely evolved and is still. I'm just so fascinated by the universe, I guess I sort of get geeked up when I'm at NASA.

And speaking of out of this world, or maybe more like space cadets! ;)
Here's two great Dad's celebrating Dad's day!
 My Dad said when looking at this picture, "Oh my gosh, who's the fuzzy haired fat man with those kids!" Ha! He's funny!




 We had some presents for the Dad's before church (that's why everyone's in their PJ's).

 Fun to spend Father's Day with my Dad, that hasn't happened in 14 years!

 Next Day we went to Brenham and did the Blue Bell Ice Cream Factory tour. We love us some Blue Bell! My Dad and I tried to do this several years ago, it happened to be Spring Break and all the tours were sold out, so we went and ate Mexican food instead. So we were happy to go when the crowds were minimal and to actually get in!






 Best part of the tour is getting a scoop of your favorite Blue Bell at the end.


 Mmmmmm-yum, yum, yum!!!
 Yay for a visit from Papa! Ethan's his best little buddy and he sure loves his Papa, I think the feeling is mutual. 

And Ethan started Swimming Lessons. He's getting really good and has no fear of the water at all. After going to Splashtown a few times, I realized he's working really hard trying to swim but doesn't have the skills to be effective and not have to work so hard, so lessons are helping him get the techniques down (well...mostly). He's our little fish. 




See what I mean about working super hard and not really getting anywhere...This makes me giggle. Poor kiddo but he's learning and getting better! 


Alex's Birthday celebration started out pretty good but kind of went downhill fast. Poor guy! We had a great dinner at Flemings Steakhouse. And dessert too. That's when the evening took a bit of a nose dive. After dessert, Alex noticed his lips were feeling tingly and were starting to swell. It was crazy in just the few minutes we were sitting there waiting for our check etc. They started to really swell up. See pictures below...
 We think this dessert may have been the culprit. But who knows for sure! It was a delicious chocolate lava cake, Alex's favorite! Maybe not anymore though!
 Lips are fine, pre-dessert

 Lips (mostly top lip) HUGE post dessert! Luckily Benadryl seemed to do the trick but we went to see Star Trek and poor guy couldn't keep his eyes open! 
Kind of a bummer of a birthday, but we'll try again next year!
Happy Birthday Babe! We love you! 

1 comment:

Kristin said...

You forgot to mention how your old friends tied up all of Alex's free time fixing their house! We need to come visit you. You guys are way more fun than us.