Wednesday, March 18, 2015

The Rest of 2014..

I suppose it's time to dust off the ol' blog and get caught up! Plus my mother has been ever so subtly (or not) dropping hints that she would LOVE to see pictures of her grandkids. So this is for you Mama.

Let's see...December...
Started off with this little elf, Frisbee, showing up from the North Pole..
I've seen lots of naughty elves luckily Frisbee is fairly well behaved, even encouraged the kids to do nice things for each other or at school.  He's a good elf.

He hid candy canes for them to find, he stuck fuzzy red noses on everybody's face on our family pictures, he helped us get more festive (with gift wrap bows all over the house, even the toilet), he built donut snowmen, he toilet papered the tree, he slid down the banister with some friends, he had a sick day, he brought ornaments for the kids to color, he had them write a letter to Santa about a kind deed they did at school one day, he reminded the kids of the reason we celebrate Christmas, he made a snowman out of the front door (inside), he made a countdown ring for our Utah trip, was so disappointed we had no sweets in the house and asked the kids to make him some cupcakes or cookies or something, he even used money of his own to share with Ethan and Abby so they could go to the school's Holiday shop (with which they bought each other gifts, Abby even bought Frisbee a gift...a tiny frisbee of course! ;) ), he made indoor snowballs so they could have a snowball fight, he asked the kids to color a coloring sheet that he would personally deliver to the North Pole to hang in Santa's office. He was quite busy and I'm sure totally exhausted! ;)  The kids LOVE Frisbee!















Abby's Christmas Dance:

Ethan had a cub scout pushcart competition. The boys had fun, and that's what matters but I am too impatient to sit through 4-5 hours of watching kids run back and forth. Just not my thing I guess. We didn't win first place or even place, but the boys did their best and had fun together that's all they're supposed to do.













 Ethan had a Christmas Program at school, cute little songs about Twinkle and Shine...




 Abby sprained her ankle, she was just chasing her friend at recess and slipped on some rocks and fell. We were concerned it was broken so we went to get it x-rayed.

Which reminds me of the CRAZY experience of trying to get it x-rayed...

So I took her to a urgent care near our house, turns out they don't take our insurance. Found a clinic not far away that does take our insurance. Rush her over there because the x-ray tech was leaving at 5pm,  so they said as long as we got there before 5 they could x-ray it. Let me pause to say. THEY KNEW WE WERE COMING! It  was like 4:40. Rush there (as best I could in traffic) get there 5 minutes to 5, sign in and fill out paperwork. Wait and wait (they were really busy). Turns out the x-ray guy left before we even got there (before 5). But the nurse assured me she could do it. So we take an x-ray but then she couldn't figure out how to read the x-ray she took, because she was not familiar with that particular machine (she was new). So she called the x-ray tech on the phone and on speaker tried to get his help. After going back and forth on the phone, he tells her to tell me something is wrong with the machine and to come back tomorrow. Say what?! I was standing right next to her so of course I heard him say it. She quickly ushers me into a room (across the hall) and I hear him tell her again to tell me something is wrong with the machine and come back. So she does as she's told. I said no I'm not coming back tomorrow, if her foot is broken, I'd like to know TODAY and got ready to walk out. She rushed to get the doctor to have her examine Abby's ankle. The doctor felt confident that it was just a sprain, but said go ahead and wrap and ice and elevate it. And they will get the x-ray read and call me first thing in the morning. Guess what? No phone call the next morning. I called them like 3 or 4 times and finally at 2pm, I talked to the doctor. She told me it was not broken and I could come in and pick up the x-ray. So that's what I did. I get there and they went to pull the x-ray and it didn't have Abby's name on it, it had no name attached to it, so they couldn't say 100% for sure that that was Abby's. So guess what we had to do another x-ray.  They assured me we would not have to wait and the x-ray tech guy would be there so he could do it. So I came back with Abby and guess what we had to wait for 20 minutes for the x-ray guy, he came in took two pictures, looked at it for about 2 seconds and said it wasn't broken, and rushed out. OOOOOKKKKKK!
Ask me if I was ticked? Ask me if I felt I just wasted my time? Ask me if I trusted what they said? Ask me if I am ever (even on my deathbed) going back there?
The whole experience was so frustrating and crazy!! Thankfully (and luckily for them) Abby is all healed and fine. 


This was a few days after she sprained it, poor baby!



UTAH!!!

The pie! My fav!
We hit the lights in downtown SLC, so pretty and so convenient to ride Trax, it was pretty cold that night but we got bundled as best we could and hit the town!







The Fountains at City Creek, with fire in the middle and everything! So cool!

Candy window displays at Macy's, these were so cute and creative!







Beautiful Temple Square, it was so crowded, my goodness but so beautiful!
Poor Abby was tired of walking and her ankle started to hurt so we had to cut out of there pretty quick. But this was one of my favorite traditions as a kid and I'm glad I got to take my kids.
























 It snowed on Christmas day! We were so excited to have a white christmas,  of course we had to go play in it.

The kids  had a fun day with cousins, and Grammie and Aunt Kristi went to see Big Hero 6 and then to this trampoline place, can't for the life of me remember what it's called. Ethan had a total blast! Abby sat on the sidelines and watched.

 This was a high jump into the foam squares, I'm guessing it was about 12 feet maybe more. This was Ethan's favorite!



Snow Fun!











We did a drive thru at Thanksgiving Point to see their Christmas lights.














We celebrated all the princesses in the family birthdays. We decorated the pool table. :)







The Birthday princesses!



 The Knights of the Long Table (get it? cuz the table is actually long. ha! My mom is so clever)!

 Pretty princesses!
 Fun birthday gifts!



All princesses need a little nerf gun to shoot at the non Prince Charmings!



 The Knights...


 Fun way to celebrate with my family for everyone's birthdays, of course the girls loved the princess stuff but I think the boys had just as much fun with the knight stuff! Thanks Grammie for a great party!


On one of our last days in Utah we went to the Museum of Natural Curiosity with my cousins and their kids. It was lots of fun! 














 So much fun to wrap up a great year in Utah with my family! I sure love and appreciate my family! 

No comments: