Thursday, April 23, 2015

Joyful January, Fabulous February, Magnificent March, and Awesome April

I'm really having fun figuring out these post titles..Ha! Extra dorky makes me extra happy I guess!

So here I am again trying to play catch up, shouldn't take long though the first few months of the year are sort of slow to get going..

Although...there was Ethan's first Pinewood Derby as a cub scout. Alex, errrr I mean Ethan, worked tirelessly on the pinewood derby car. They made it a Texans theme and it sort of looked like a red white and blue version of the bat mobile, it was pretty cool and really fast but unfortunately it did not make it to the winners circle, but Ethan had fun and loved working with his Dad on it. I help out with the scouts too, and it's been fun for me to get to know the scouting program and help Ethan figure it all out. He sure loves it and has fun with  his scout buddies.


I helped with decorations and made some candy derby cars for each of the boys.







Another reason January was joyful was because we got to celebrate Abby's 6th birthday! That girl is a JOY! Among loads of other adjectives, she is smart, sassy, silly, funny, a storyteller with a giant imagination (which sometimes leads to little lies-we gotta keep an eye on her), sweet, wise and quite mature for her young age, fun, sensitive, caring, kind and beautiful. I feel so blessed and grateful to have her and her big personality and sweet little soul in our family.

  Took her lunch to school on her birthday, Chick-Fil-A of course, her favorite!

 We had a little party with just us on her birthday
 Then we had a big pony party with all her friends and some family at a pony place. What fun! She absolutely loved it and although it was a little gray and chilly that day, everyone said they had so much fun! They painted a pony for us, saddled a big horse for the kids to ride, Painted the kids faces and sprayed their hair with different colors, they got to do a hay ride and they did pin the tail on the donkey and find the candy in the haystack game. Such a great day for our birthday girl!


 Our cute, cowgirl birthday girl (I made her skirt, thank you very much!)...






 I felt sort of bad for the painted pony, especially since it was a boy pony. Ha! But they just use the spray paint you use at Halloween on your hair so it's only temporary and washes clean.



















We sure had fun celebrating our girl with friends and family!
 That night we went out to eat at this terrible restaurant but they gave this to the kids to color, Abby asked, "Does that boy stink? Why is Elmo plugging his nose?" Hahahaha! We laughed and laughed. Very keen observation, don't ya think?



 Then Valentine's Day! 

Our little sweethearts are sure loved by their Grammie and Aunt Kim and Aunt Kristi, who send them fun stuff just for fun!










 Cute school friends!


 She won "Best Theme" for her valentine box! It was very themey.
 We were at Michael's one night and Abby saw a yellow watch and insisted we get for her teacher for Valentine's day, because her favorite color is yellow. So we did and here she is modeling it. :)
 Ethan got to decorate his box in class, he just put Nike swishes (or is it swooshes) all over it.


 At home we made heart shaped pizzas for dinner, I tried to get a little bit festive and saw this cute idea about listing the things you love about each family member. It was fun to see what everyone had to say. And it was a good reminder that we DO in fact love each other. ;)










 My valentine brought me some chocolates and pretty pink flowers, I sure love my valentine!


 Took some Valentine-ish flowers to Amber...
 And more attempts at getting festive!






 Heart shaped pizzas and strawberry cupcakes for dessert, doesn't get much more lovey than that!

In March...
Papa came to visit! He was awake in the this picture just extremely grateful to be at Pappasito's for dinner...or something...
 Lucky enough for Papa he got to go to the kids school and see the kindergarten kids in their Dr. Seuss Parade. Abby's class got to be The Lorax. :)
 We headed up to Huntsville State park one day and attempted to fish (so Ethan could check that off in his scout book), first from the shore than from the dock. We had exactly zero luck catching anything.  It was cold and cloudy, I guess the fish didn't feel like biting.
 We had a picnic lunch and played frisbee, papa even wanted in on that fun! 






 Ethan was completely grossed out trying to hook the worm, I don't blame him one bit. Abby said she'd do it for him. She's no nonsense like that.
 Alex amused that his son is so grossed out by the whole worm thing...He's no nonsense like that too.

Finally got all the worms hooked and all the lines in the water...Now we wait...
 And wait...

 And wait...
 And exactly 3 and a half minutes later they were done with fishing...
And ready to eat.


Poor little weather wimps can't handle it when it's cold...

 Ethan took this of the a red cardinal. 


 "Mom, I thought the point of fishing was to catch some fish!" Yes Abby it is...
 Exactly 4 and a half minutes later they were done and ready to come home...
 We did drop by the nature center on our way out, where the friendly park ranger here brought out her baby pet alligator to show us..We all got to pet her and feel her skin. We all learned more than we will ever need to know about alligators, interesting just the same. 

 This little lady is 3 1/2 years old, tiny for an alligator I thought. Apparently it takes quite some time for them to get huge, duh, seems obvious now, so they're pretty easy prey for quite a few years..


 Our visit with Papa was kind of short and the weather was not super great, but it's always fun to have family visit!

The Cub Scouts also had their annual Blue and Gold Banquet. We did an outdoor theme and served hot dogs and chips and fruit. I made some campfire cupcakes which was fun and not at all like the picture I was trying to copy. Oh well! I tried...







 Ethan made that poster.. :)





 Ethan getting some awards from our cubmaster

 We went to see Cinderella at the drive in, so fun! Cute movie but our car battery died 3/4 of the way through so it was kind of hard to hear some of the movie (cuz you listen through your car radio), luckily the drive in is prepared for this scenario and were able to jump start it.

 Pretty sunset!


 During Spring Break we went bowling to Bowlero, it is fancy schmancy and it's pricey too.



 Proof that I can beat Alex at bowling!









April...
 Grammie sent some Easter fun, new Easter duds and  fun games etc.







 Please put blinders on to the mess in the background, I'm not exactly sure what all of that is. And now that I pointed it out you all are going to blow up the picture and see what that mess is. Am I right?  Look if you must, just don't judge. ;)








 And we headed to Round Top, TX for the big antiques extravaganza! And wow! There was a ton of stuff to see. It could take days to see everything..So I am a huge fan of Fixer Upper on HGTV with Chip and Joanna Gaines, they go to Round Top to get some of their stuff to decorate the fixer uppers they do. So I wanted to go check it out. We didn't get to see even half of the stuff you can see, but I am glad we went and it was fun to experience it.  I didn't buy one thing! There was a bunch of stuff I wanted but couldn't totally decide. But there's another one in September so hopefully I can drag my family with me to that one too.
 The kids were thrilled!
 So was Alex!

 People climbing over someone's fence to get to the field of blue bonnets. They were gorgeous and everywhere on our drive. Texas really is pretty outside of Houston.



 Look at this adorable little motorcycle!
 Look at this adorable little girl!

 Look at this adorable little tabletop smoker/grill

Look at those adorable kids at that adorable table! ;)

Round Top is adorable. :)

Speaking of adorable, we celebrated our sweet, adorable angel baby's 3rd birthday by continuing on in the tradition of doing a balloon release.



 The kids picked out the balloons they wanted to send to Amber, Abby's was red with hearts and Ethan's was green with stars. After they let the balloons go, they blew kisses to Amber too. So sweet!

 


 We love and miss our Amber!

No comments: