Both of my friends Ana and Cara blogged about their husbands on their birthdays, with nice pictures and nice compliments and lots of love! Man, do I feel like a bad wife-so these are a little late considering Alex's birthday was at the end of June! Even though I'm a bad wife, I think he had a fun birthday! Birthdays just don't offer as much fun after you reach 30 (Course, I wouldn't know about that personally)...Anyway we decided VERY last minute to take a trip to the beach. It was super windy, I even asked Alex if there was a hurricane that we didn't know about. That's how windy it was. We had sand everywhere (I mean everywhere). But it was still fun! Ethan had a great time splashing in the waves and running (literally) up and down the beach. It was a nice day with some family bonding time.


After the beach, Alex's mom and stepdad took us out to eat at Steak and Ale. It was so nice! Unfortunately the birthday cake I'd made for Alex shriveled up like a raisin and was probably no more than 1/4 inch thick. Can any of you cakers or cakies or whatever it is you call yourselves out there explain to me why this happened? Anyway we ran to Sam's and got him a birthday cake, unfortunately it was a little girly, it had yellow roses on it with red trim. It was either that or pink roses or martini glasses! Nice selection Sam's!
Now, to the lovey dovey part. Ummm OK maybe not but I love you Jandro Dondo! And I hope you had a great birthday and I'm looking forward to celebrating many more birthday's with you!
Thursday, July 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I don't know if your cake problem was the same as mine, but the first year we were married I made David a homemade carrot cake - I peeled the carrots and everything. When I dumped the cake out of the pan, it crumbled into a million pieces (we ate it anyway). I was then told that you shouldn't cook when it's stormy in Houston because the weather messes up whatever you're baking. So maybe you're hurricane type weather had an impact. Good thing Alex is secure enough in his masculinity to have a pink cake!
Ok way too many memories to write them all down...but the thing I used to love to do with you was lay on the couch under your cozy jean quilts and watch a million movies! Oh and cruisin' to go find boys...anywhere!! My first car wreck was with you pulling out of 7-11! Remember?? We had so much fun...I miss YOU!!
Post a Comment