Let me just preface this post with this statement:
I am very happy and grateful to be pregnant and very excited to be having another baby...I don't want to be misunderstood with this post but I hope some of you can understand where I'm coming from.
I've decided that pregnancy is not for the weak, and I'm afraid I may be one of them. Maybe it's because I'm "older" almost to the "advanced maternal age" that makes these things seem more pronounced or maybe it's just because I'm a big fat wimp and can't handle it. Whatever the reason I'm pretty sure I'll be glad when this pregnancy is over (with a healthy, happy, full term baby in my arms--of course).
Not so happy happenings of my pregnancy thus far:
1. I'm so freakin' tired I could take a nap right this second, IF I could sleep! Why is it that when you're prego all you want/need to do is sleep but for some reason you can't?
2. Morning sickness is actually evening sickness for me this time around...
3. I think I've gotten sciatica, basically my bum hurts (close to the tailbone) which also includes pain all the way down my leg, seriously to the point that I can barely sit, stand, walk, bend over, lay down, reach for things or pick up anything. Which is not so great when you have a (almost) 2 year old. Also doesn't help with the sleeping situation.
4. My rosacea is acting up again and can't take the drugs that ease the symptoms so basically I look like rudolph the red nosed reindeer, with frizzy hair.
5. Which brings me to my next complaint-my new hair is coming in curly but I normally have pretty straight hair so it's pretty noticeable. So to combat frizz I slather on the anti frizz cream, then I look like I need to take another shower.
6. I got a bloody nose for the first time in like 10 years.
7. I have daily headaches-as if I've been wearing a headband that is way too tight all day long.
8. I'm neglecting (not totally) my son. Poor Ethan as soon as I head for the couch with my blankie he knows what's going to happen next (mom will try to sleep for about 15 minutes or longer). He quickly grabs the blankie and trys to uncover me and says undo undo-which means take the covers off and pay attention to me.
9. Waking up 5 times a night to go to the bathroom is so not cool.
10. I've taken more Tums in the last month then I have in my whole life put together.
11. I'm only 3 months along and have to break out the maternity pants and even those might be too tight!
12. Poor Alex-enough said.
13. I'm a little worried that I may have all the things I had when I was prego with Ethan, bad skin, bad hair, PUPPS (itchy rash), borderline diabetic, high blood pressure (that I had to take medication for and be on bed rest for), just to name a few.
And last but not least:
14. Apparently I've adopted a zero tolerance policy. I have no patience for anyone or anything, especially the dog.
So I know this is all pretty trivial in the grand scheme of what could go wrong, I'm not dumb-just hormonal I guess. Just know that even though I'm complaining, I am counting my blessings for sure. I just need to remember that I will have a healthy, adroable baby in the end, and can put up with these little annoyances for that end result. Right?
On a brighter side--we get to find out on August 26th if it's a boy or a girl...Woo hoo!
Utah - June 2026
2 months ago
6 comments:
Can't believe you'll get to find out the gender already! You make me so grateful my pregnancy was so easy. We'll have to have Ethan come over and play so you can take an undisturbed nap. Maybe Daisy can come too. :) Hang in there!
I'm just a few houses down, and let's face It, I like you kid! Oh, and I got bloody nose for the first time EVER when I was prego with Ian, weird! Hang in there... it could be worse you could be carring Renesme:)
OK, I am right there with you, especially with the nap thing!! What is up with that? That actually happened to me today and I'm 6 months along...anyway! Hang in there!! Let me know when you find out what you're having. I get back on Aug 24th woohoo!!!
Ok....I shouldn't be laughing, but that is SO dang funny. You are hilarious even in your misery. I must say I'm glad it's you and not me. I am glad this will be over for you in 6 short months and that we will have another baby to smother, spoil and love. Thanks for taking (another) one for the team!
You're so funny. Another bonus about adopting - no sickness!! (Of course, I still feel old and tired :) ). It was great seeing you guys. We miss you and it seemed like no time had passed. Love you!
Congratulation! That is so exciting! Pregnancy is so hard but in the end it is worth it! (When they are sleeping ha/ha!) By the way they say two kids is the new five (that is what I tell myself anyway!)
Post a Comment