Thursday, September 4, 2008

Happy Birthday Ethan!

It's so hard to believe that my little dude turned 2! I can't imagine where the time has gone? My mom and sister Kim came into town for the big event, and I thought I should make it worth their while to have a big Texas sized birthday party for our little man. We decided to throw the party at a park with a nice little community building that luckily has A.C. (a must in Texas). By having it at the park that allowed us to invite more family and lots of friends (about 50 peep's) to celebrate with us, rather than if we'd had it at our house. It was lots of fun and Ethan got totally spoiled! What nice and generous friends and family we have. Here is the Elmo cake that Terri so lovingly made for us! Didn't it turn out so cute? Not pictured are two other cakes she made that not only were they cute, they were delicious!
Ethan showing off just some of his loot!
Ethan wasn't so sure about everyone singing to him and kept saying "how" "how" (his version of hot, a combination of "Ow" and "hot") because of the candles. He sure was funny trying to blow the candles out, he kept scrunching up his nose and would sniff instead of blow. So mom and dad offered a little assistance to speed things up, cuz we wanted some cake, dang it!
I think unfortunately I was a bit of a stress case for this party (maybe I'm a stress case all the time) because not only did I not know how many people were coming (did we have enough food, plates, cups etc.??) but the weather was rainy leading up to the party (so what do we do with all the kids if the playground is under water)? Luckily Alex, my mom and sister, and mom in law were so nice and helpful which helped to ease some of my concerns. The weather turned out to be nice and didn't rain a bit and everyone got enough to eat (with a quick little trip for more fried chicken). I learn valueable lessons during my stress times mostly that I just need to NOT stress because it generally turns out fine. Apparently I have issues, but instead of working through them I'm just going to blame it on crazy pregnancy hormones! That's my excuse and I'm stickin' to it. How did this turn into a post about me? Anyway happy birthday little dude-Mama and Dada yuh you!

6 comments:

Terri said...

Yeah! It was a fun party! And when you're not pregnant you can blame crazyness on your kids. I was a normal person before I had kids! Hmm, I ment that as an example, but I think it's acutally a statment.
Happy B-day Ethan!!!

Erica and Curtis said...

What a great day you had. Birthdays are so fun when you have kids. You are a beautiful pregnant woman!

Carrie said...

We were so sad to miss it! Looks like a fun party!

Erica and Curtis said...

Fortunately for you , you know none of those weirdo dudes! This is past high school! I guess after meeting my husband, everyone else I have dated just seem like overkill! That's the way it should be right?

Sara said...

What a fun party! Wish we could been there. So I will ask you the same thing I asked Terri... what are houses in your neighborhood going for about now? Is it still a pretty good area to live in? Do they make 4 bedroom-ers in your neighborhood? We are looking (can you tell)...

The Pemberton Family said...

Kelli-you don't even look preggers--silly girl. You are amazing at everything you do--why stress? I'm so glad everything turned out great. I wish I could have been there just to see your mommy! I love her.