So I generally don't like looking at blogs without pictures, and usually skip over extra long posts without pictures. Apparently I'm a visual person and somewhat of a hypocrite (empahsis on "hippo") because I seem to have written lots of long rambling posts without pictures to accompany them. I was going to apologize but maybe that's not necessary because maybe nobody is actually reading these long rambling posts (if you're like me)...Anyway to my point...I've had a lot going on in my head lately, surprising because my brain is only working at about 20% capacity, what with being prego and having a toddler and all. Anyway I digress. Here are just a few of my thoughts...
1. I think I have a lot more sympathy/empathy now that I'm a mom, and I kind of wish that I'd had more while younger, I think I would've been much less likely to judge people and situations.
2. My cousins little 17 month old baby drowned in their backyard pond a couple weeks ago, so sad and tragic. Really made me realize how much I take Ethan for granted, and how much I would miss him if he wasn't around (can't even think of that). And how depressing life must be if you didn't believe in life after death.
3. Went to the hospital tonight to see a friends new baby, who arrived unexpectedly at 34 weeks but is doing well and is oh so precious. Made me so excited to meet our new little baby in Jan./Feb. !
4. The upcoming presidential election has me a little concerned but I'm getting kind of sick of hearing about it and will be glad when it's over.
5. I think today I put conditioner on my hair twice and skipped the shampooing step all together. Like how I made the jump from Pres. election to shampoo--I told you 20% capacity..
6. I have an overwhelming desire to get my house organized, unfortunately the overwhelming desire isn't overwhelming enough to actually get any organizing done.
7. I'm loving that Ethan likes to watch Wheel of Fortune.
8. Having my little baby turn into a little boy right before my eyes is exciting and heartbreaking all at the same time.
9. Will we ever get to go on a Hawaiian or Mexican (or any other kind of) vacation ever again?
10. When are Alex and I going to figure out a girls name that we both agree on? (Maybe when I'm in labor, like the friends mentioned in #3).
So there they are...not especially deep or insightful...just thoughts...
Utah - June 2026
2 months ago
10 comments:
Oh Kelli! I luv ya! This post totally explains why you and I get along! :) Thanks for the calls lately! You're the best!
Love your posts and yes I read them. But pictures are always good :).
I don't know if you've read the "A Daily Scoop" post off of my blog, but it's written by a woman whose baby drowned at about the same age as your cousin's. It happened in June. The blog might be something that would bring her some comfort since it seems like several mothers go there that have had similar situations.
I appricate your rants, it makes me feel more sane :)
No seriously, I think a moment of reflection is always good, and I think that's what blogs are for.
I am STILL waiting for pics of my favoritest nephew EVER! Where are they!?!?!? I still read your post because I knew it would be funny despite NOT having pics of my baby!!!!!
And yes, your brain my be running at 20% capacity, but your humor is still at 100%. And to prove that MY brain is around 10% capacity, I have to admit right now that I actually just typed the percent sign BEFORE the "20", but I caught myself and fixed it. Although, now that I've admitted it, it doesn't matter that I fixed it. I am running on 2.5 hours of sleep, that's my excuse.
Oh Kelli...I miss you!!!
I read them even if they don't have pictures. I partially take that back, they have to have substance or humor, (which you have both) if not I just skim....any options on names? I love names! Kim says maybe Ellie?
I totally skip the pictureless posts too, but I really enjoyed reading yours today. I guess I can just relate. The kids growing up part is crazy, huh? I can't wait to meet your new little girl too!
I loved your post. I am also working on 20% brain power. Maybe 15 today! Thanks for sharing
Kelli you make me laugh! I always read your posts regardless if you have pictures, I just love what you have to say and you always put a smile on my face! oh and BTW I love your blog template...getting ready for the girl!! Oh, and one more thing, picking the name while your in labor is awesome, the guy, well at least in my case, feels so bad that your in pain that they will just let you pick the name! Good luck with it!! LOVE YA TONS!!!
Kelli,
So, seriously, I wish you were neighbors- move over Francis (my real neighbor). I just love that we know each other and for one, every time i've been around you- I am in a happy mood- and for two- I am so happy you are having a little girl- and personally, I think you should name her "hold your tacos- Arradondo" I think Alex would agree, si?
Post a Comment