So...I just had to add these couple of things (so I will remember them)...
When Ethan wakes up in the morning he comes and climbs in bed with us, and will usually lay there for about 5-10 minutes and then he's ready to get going...The other morning he climbed into bed with me (Alex was already gone to work) and he starts running his finger around my face. I do this to him sometimes when he's sleepy, I'll just run my finger around his eyes and nose and cheeks and chin to help him relax. I thought it was so sweet that he was doing that to me...
I think we've had a breakthrough, Abby might actually exist in his world now. He's been very gently putting his head next to hers and then wrapping his arm around her to give her a hug...This has been happening on a daily basis recently...Talk about melting Mom's heart!
He's also been very patient (most of time) with me when I'm dealing with Abby and he wants/needs something...He'll patiently wait til I'm done with Abby and then he'll grab me for my attention...
Who knew boys were so sweet?
Unfortunately he isn't sweet and lovey all the time but I really don't think he has a mean bone in his little body. If other kids hit him or try to take things from him he doesn't fight back (he does get upset) but he doesn't try to hit or do something mean back. Maybe he just hasn't learned those tactics yet and maybe he will do that stuff eventually or maybe he won't, time will tell I guess. But for right now I'm sure appreciating my sweet little boy!
Utah - June 2026
2 months ago
4 comments:
Boys are just the sweetest...most of the time:)
isn't it the best to see your baby become a big brother. :) He is a sweetie!
The little moments are the ones that keep us going! I love the quite tender times!
what a sweet boy! Big brothers are the best. I'm so glad your little Abby has one to protect her :) And, I'm so glad you named her Abby. That was one name that I really wanted for our girl, but it just wasn't in the cards. So glad that you have a sweet Abby :) I'm going to miss you guys when Cara moves away...but too bad for you, I can still visit your blog :)
Post a Comment