Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ethan-ism's

Since I shared some Abby-ism's I thought maybe I would share some Ethan-ism's. He's quite the character this little boy of ours and while he's still not talking a lot yet, he is able to communicate to get exactly what he wants. He's recently learned his letters and his numbers and I'm amazed at his retention ability I only have to show him something once and he remembers it. We are working on pronunciation of some of his letters but overall he's doing great! His favorite letters seem to be T, Z, H...My favorite letters Ethan style are:
H- sounds like "ate"
Z- says it ZZZZZEEEEE he really draws this one out
W-seems to be an 'M'
M- seems to be an 'M' as well
R- sounds like "aaaawwww"
U- says it "whoooo"

Some of my favorite numbers Ethan style are:
1-is "mummer"/Number (this may be my fault cuz I'd always say "This is NUMBER one")
4- is Fo
5-is Fife
6- is sssssiiiixxx-likes to draw this one out too
7-is Fefen
9- is nun

Couple funny phrases he's saying right now:
Mow Do- is actually Whoa Dude!
Oh No- is actually Oh no :)
Un-do-is actually get up and help me

And though he's been kind of a little stinker lately, he really is a sweet little boy. He's even been giving out hugs and kisses even when we don't ask for them. And he's been such a good helper with laundry (he helps pull clothes out of the dryer etc.), getting things for Mom, throwing things away, cleaning up toys etc. etc.
There are a few of his 'ism's I'm wondering about though:

Can boy live by chocolate milk alone?

Are pants really that terrible?

Is it really necessary to pull out EVERY SINGLE toy and only play with the one that's already out?

Will Abby ever exist in his world?

What is a dit-do? (Uses this word a lot and have no idea what it means???)


Ethan loves to have fun and has a funny little personality. We sure love our little E-town man!

Bubble Boy
Look at the contrast-Ethan's ginormous (sp?) We're channeling The Beatles with this hair do He's actually yelling at me in the picture cuz he doesn't want his picture taken he just wants to look at the pictures...Goofy!

1 comment:

Terri said...

I miss him, I guess I should get off my butt and walk the 50 yards to go to your house!