Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Bed Bugs

While on the napping subject, I thought I'd post these pictures of the kids in Abby's crib. I put Abby in her crib one morning while I transferred a load of laundry and Ethan decided to hop in bed with her. I get such a kick out of watching them together. Abby LOVES Ethan, everything he does is so fascinating AND funny to her. He makes her laugh and laugh hard, it's pretty cute. So that got me thinking about their relationship. What's it going to be like when they're older? Will they be the best of friends? We're not really sure how the brother/sister relationship works (me being from a family of all girls and Alex being from a family of all boys). I do have good relationships with my sisters, and Alex does with his brothers as well, so maybe that will bode well for them. My hope for Ethan and Abby is that they will always love each other, I know they may not always like each other, but I hope they always care for and look out for each other...



I would just like to mention that Ethan is not quite as enamored with Abby, as she is with him at this stage. If she's crying hard, he'll yell at her "BAAABBYYY!!" He's not too fond of sharing his toys with her and will grab them away from her. Although he does make sure that I get her if we're leaving to run an errand, he often tries to pick her up and reminds me "Baby Mom" (like I might forget her) and drags her carseat over. Also if people stop us to look at Abby and talk to her, like in the mall or wherever, he'll pull the shade up on her car seat so people won't talk to her or touch her...I'm not sure yet if that's a jealous thing or a proctective thing...

BUT then there are lots of really sweet moments (like the pictures above) when Ethan loves Abby and is happy to see her and play with her...And she's happy too. What more could I ask for?

4 comments:

Mindy and Benjamin said...

They are soooo cute. Oh, and btw, you are so nice for allowing us to steal Alex tonight. We totally owe you something!

Carrie said...

What cuties! Thanks again for a tasty dinner and fun visit last night. I hope after your previous post you went and took a nap . . . I need to do the same right now!

Andersen Family said...

That's funny about Ethan saying baby when Abby cries...Nya just plugs her ears when Keira cries and asks if she has to keep crying! Btw, about the brother sister thing...I think it depends on the brother sister, but I'm sure they'll look out for each other. I have 3 bros and 2 sis, and though I might not stay in touch as well as with my bros as my sis, I love & care about all of them!

Kristin said...

I think brothers and sisters make the best of friends. My brother is 16 months younger than me and I don't remember us hardly ever arguing. I think it's harder to get along with a same-sex sibling. I'm sure Ethan will look out for his little sister and that's a great thing.