Thursday, September 17, 2009

I know....I know...

Yes, yes I know I already posted about Ethan's birthday party but that wasn't all the partying we did...My family likes to celebrate our birthdays several times either in the days leading up to or following the big day. In Ethan's case his birthday was on Sunday so naturally we had a party on Saturday and then again on his "actual" birthday (just my mom and sis and me and Alex attended the Sunday party)...Silly? Maybe but that's just how we roll. As a matter of fact my oldest sis. Kristi celebrates "12 days of Kristi's Birthday" (her b-day is Dec 18th so maybe she feels a little jipped because it's so close to Christmas and has to celebrate for 12 days to milk it a little bit)... So I wanted to post these pic's, cuz Ethan got such a kick out of blowing out the candles we had to relight them 3 times--each time he blew them out he would promptly say "Mo, Mo" (MORE)....So we indulged him, why not? You're only 3 once for heaven's sake!! Ethan was so funny opening his gifts, with each present he opened he would say "Oh! WOW!" and then promptly throw it to the side and move on to the next present. I actually kind of think he thought that the pictures on the outside of the bag/box meant that that is what was inside the bag/box. He would go back to each one and look again looking for what the outside indicated...Poor kiddo maybe he was a little confused...But he does love all the stuff that he did get even if it isn't what was on the box!


AND (more of Mom and Kim's visit--not JUST birthday stuff)
One day we went swimmin' in the swim pool at the hotel mom and Kim stayed at that was fun! Ethan loved jumping off the side and Abby loved hanging out with Grammie...I'm glad they both like the water--that makes me happy. We were having so much fun that a friendly little frog decided to hop in the pool with us-as Grammie swam screaming for the stairs (no not really) but she decided we were done swimming once he joined us, my mom doesn't like "things" in the pool or her Jell-O hhhmmm what does that tell you? I don't know either...Anyway for all you animal lovers out there I did fish the frog out of the pool with the handy long pole they had on hand...There was a large tile over hang around the edge of the entire pool I just couldn't see how the frog was going to get out, maybe he would've been just fine but maybe not...I couldn't have that on my conscience! The Dondo's---can't we have one good family picture? OK so I'm the doofus that messed this one up--my bad!
Me, Ethan, Kim and Mom--not the best picture ever of any of us but at least we're happy!
Abby lovin' the Grammie kisses!
Kim rockin' out on Guitar Hero drums-she rocks, seriously she is REALLY good especially since she'd never done it before she was AWESOME! She should tour with Bon Jovi or something...Seriously...
Abby posing with Aunt Kimi-cute kids!

Thanks Grammie and Aunt Kimi for the good fun times! We love ya!

4 comments:

Melanie Bingham said...

Cute pics. I am going to start campaigning now for you guys to come for Thanksgiving. Ya know just a quicky because I think you're coming for Christmas. My mom and your mom already have the place setting picked out...serious. Mindy is coming...it will be good times. We can even break out the guitar hero!...or charades!

Singled Out said...

Um! EXCUSE ME!?!?!?! What in the world do you mean that I milk it for the 12 days of my birthday...hello!?!?!? How about free dessert at various restaurants in different locations!?!?!?! I think that alone is justification enough to celebrate the 12 days of my birthday.

Sara said...

CUTE! You look great!!!!! I miss you guys!!!

Carl & Rosemarie Brauning said...

VERY CUTE!!!! I love long birthdays too and I totally agree that free dessert is worth several days of birthday worshipping :)