Monday, December 7, 2009

Ribs and Band Aids

If you spend any length of time with me, you know that I am unabashedly proud of my kids, as all mothers are and should be...And to be clear it's not that I think they're better or smarter than any other kids. But because they're my kids I obviously have a fondness for them and I appreciate the kid in them...Anyway they are just so funny to me and I love their little personalities (although I could do without the whineyness in Ethan's personality I hope it's a stage and not a lifelong ailment). Anyway the reason I bring this up is for two reasons and the two things that happened yesterday...


First Abby...Well...We had ribs for dinner and this kid loves to eat and I'm pretty sure she'll eat anything! But I'll let the pictures do the talking...





This kid is a hoot and a bit of a stinker (not unlike her daddy), she yelled HEY right in the middle of a quiet time at church last week. I guess HEY is word number 2. Yesterday I was upstairs and she was down, she crawled over to the stairs and shouts "MA!" which I guess is word #3. She just plain and simple makes me laugh!
Second Ethan...So he was playing with his foam soccer ball and threw it at me (let's just say I am not known for my quick reflexes in my defense though I was not paying attention to him or the ball at the time) and it smacked me in the face and hurt my nose not too seriously, but I did pour on the drama so Ethan would know he shouldn't throw the ball at my face! First he says "oooohhhh nose" and gently touches my nose. Then he disappears for a minute when he comes back he had a band aid all ready to go and placed it on my nose...Gives me a hug and runs off with his soccer ball. Funny kid, I guess a band aid and a hug make all owies better! He's always doing funny stuff like that too and he makes me laugh!

2 comments:

Jana said...

man, those ribs must have been delish! :) You're kids are the cutest.

Mary Jane said...

Hey, I think YOU REALLY DO have the cutest kids around, and I'm SERIOUS. How can you get over Abby's chubby little cheeks! And, I think Penn & Abby are a match made in RIB Heaven! That kid LOVES THOSE THINGS! MMMMBOY!