Monday, December 21, 2009

Well...It's Dec. 21st...

And I'm FINALLY feeling the Christmas spirit! I love Christmas and I'm not sure why it's taken me so long to come around but now that I'm finally getting into it, it's gonna be all over in just a few short days! I'm not totally sure why I was feeling sort of bah humbug-ish, but no matter I feel all Christmasy now!

Last night we had a Pre-Christmas Celebration (since we'll be in Utah for Christmas) with Alex's mom and step-dad, they joined us for dinner and then we opened presents (and when I say "we" I mean the kids and me and Alex, unfortunately it was not totally clear to me that last night was the night to exchange presents so I had no gifts for Linda and or Virgil-they are very sweet and gracious about it) other than the fact that I'm the most awful, terrible, thoughtless daughter-in-law and Alex is the worst son ;) We had a really nice time! Like how I threw Alex in there with me???

Abby was so cute opening presents, well she's cute not opening presents, but she was really into it. I think cuz she loves to rip up paper anyway, so when there is a fun toy or cute outfit underneath the paper, it must have been quite a treat for her!

Ethan played Santa and passed out all the gifts to everyone before opening his own, what a sweet and patient Santa...

He loves his Radio Flyer Red Retro Rocket, it's pretty cool I have to admit!




Abby loves her little monkey and gives it lots of hugs and kisses!


Look at that face!!!


Here's some more pictures of the kids and other miscellanious christmasy things...

My Aunt Pat (a.k.a. The Domestic Goddess) made these cute shirts for all her grandkids and my kids too! Cute huh? Notice how Abby is harassing Ethan (below)...
Pictures with Santa: maybe not the best pictures ever but hey at least they aren't screaming!

This is on the carousel at the mall, we decided we'd try to take some shots of them before going to see Santa in case we had another "Santa/Satan what's the difference?" kind of picture like last year!
This is serious business apparently!

Here's a few of our Christmas dec.'s

The little snow couple have a special signifigance, my Aunt (the same domestic goddess aforementioned) threw Alex and I a couples shower during the holidays right after we got engaged...And she made this little snow couple into a bride and groom complete with veil and bouquet and a bow tie and top hat. They were so cute and she used them as part of the decorations for our shower...So this little snow couple brings back fond memories of being newly engaged and having a fun party with friends and family!


My red and white tree where nothing is breakable ( a must with a 3 year old and 11 month old and a dog who acts like a 2 yr. old) notice how the bottom 1/4 of the tree is sans decorations...That little Abby kept trying to re-decorate my tree! I got tired of putting the stuff back on the bottom part!!!

This...I found at Hobby Lobby one day while searching for more red and white (non breakable) things, isn't it funny? Who's idea was this? Only at Hobby Lobby! And probably only in Texas! And I have to say I didn't see any ornaments dedicated to the other trade skills like mechanic or electrician or HVAC or anything like that. Maybe they were out of them by the time I got there. Of course I had to buy this one for Alex! Well, I hope everyone has a fantastic Christmas and New Year! We're off to Utah in a couple days very excited to see everyone but not as excited about the weather!!!

2 comments:

Melanie Bingham said...

Can't wait to see you guys on Sat

Kristin said...

I can't believe you were in Utah! Are you still here?