Saturday, November 28, 2009

A Different Thanksgiving

This Thanksgiving was a little bit different than usual. Alex had to work on Wednesday, Thanksgiving Day and all weekend from 6am-4PM (which is OK since he'll get to take time off at Christmas)... It was a little wierd being by myself though and I felt a little like a single mom on Thanksgiving Day I guess because it was a holiday and I'm used to having Alex around on holidays...
Luckily I only had to be single for a few hours. Alex's Mom and Stepdad had me and the kids over for a fabulous feast of turkey and all the trimmings. It was dee-lish! Then Alex joined us after he got off work. It was a nice low key day and I didn't take one picture, which I now regret since it was Abby's first Thanksgiving and she was all over the potatoes (sweet, regular-she doesn't care) and the rolls. Ethan had a banana and a roll-my finicky little eater.

Overall it was a great day and I realized I have a bazillion things to be thankful for but 4 things really stood out this year:

1. That I am NOT a single Mom

2. My single Mom who worked really really hard to provide for us even working two jobs at times. I realize now all the sacrifices she made and I love and appreciate her for that! She's does so much to show how much she loves us and I'm grateful for her example.

3. Alex's Mom is so loving and giving there is nothing she wouldn't do for her family. She raised Alex to be an amazing man/husband/father and I'm grateful for that.

4. That even though Alex had to work, at least he has a job to go to. I'm very grateful for that!

Nothing like a full belly of turkey and pie to help you realize how blessed you are!

And last but not least...I feel especially blessed having these two around!

Happy Thanks and Giving!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

The first thing I thought when I read that Alex had to work was, "Oh, no. Who will cook?" Love and miss you!

Bryan said...

KK- you are great! I am thankful for you and your adorable little bebes! Bryan & I still want to have you over for dinner because we think your fam is just so great! Plus, we're secretly trying to get you to make us another yummy yellow cake with homeade chocolate frosting.. but thats beside the point...