Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Life and Times of Ethan, for today anyway...

Ethan loves to play outside and has recently discovered once again one of the not so fun parts of living in Texas. FIRE ANTS (he was introduced to the mean little pesks last year but I think he forgot all about them). Apparently we have some nice accomadations for the ants and they like to set up residence in our backyard. Ethan's made several trips outside with no shoes which has resulted in a couple of ant bites on his little feet. Which he's usually pretty tough about, he comes inside and tells me 'Ants, bite, feet...' Well, he's discovered the way to combat the 'ants, bite, feet' is to wear Mom's or Dad's (in this case both) shoes outside to protect his little piggies...


Unfortunately the shoes alone could not protect him from those fierce and nasty fire ants today. And...well...because he had shorts on, they got the best of him. I think the ants thought he looked like a nice fresh piece of corn on the cob, his entire shin and calf were covered in ant bites. Poor kid! Yeah there was much screaming and crying from both me and him... We got him doctored up with some rubbing alcohol which didn't really help. Then I tried baking soda, which seemed to work great, got a couple Cars band aids and he survived. Hopefully the trauma of it all won't stick with him forever.

Here's a few pictures before the tragic events of being almost eaten alive occured...



And...
Apparently if you consider yourself any kind of artist you must wear your Cars sunglasses when coloring, especially at night. I imagine the crayon colors take on a whole new hue when wearing sunglasses unlocking loads of color potential for Cookie Monster and Elmo... Look out Monet, Van Gogh, Renoir, Seurat here comes E-town Dondo with his Sesame Street masterpieces...
(I realize that the impressionists and post impressionists mentioned are dead and aren't really looking out for anyone since they're in heaven---presumably)



2 comments:

Carrie said...

We were at a park the other day and there were all these huge mole hills. "Fire ants mom!" Danny warned me. I assured him there were no fire ants in Washington - HOORAY! He had to stomp on every single muddy hill to be sure I wasn't lying. I'm just glad no moles came out to attack. :)

Kristin said...

I so do NOT miss fire ants. They keep hurting for days.