Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Beach

Yesterday was just about perfect, weather wise, so we decided to take a trip to Galveston. Since Alex works 4 days and has 3 days off we try to take advantage of that 'extra' day to do some fun things! So this is what we did yesterday...

It was actually a little bit cooler on the island than in Houston, and it was quite a bit more windy, which I think is normal for Galveston. But we didn't let gnarly hair (well...those of us who have hair) and sand in our eyes and cold (I use the term loosely, it wasn't like Bear Lake cold -it was more like Texans used to the water feeling like a warm bath, cold) water get us down! Nope not one bit (well OK maybe a little tiny bit)!

Ethan loved playing in the waves, even though he was shivering the whole time-at one point I made him get out of the water I was worried he might get hypothermia (is it hypo or hyper?). And while Abby didn't love the water as much she sure loved roaming around the beach and chasing after the birds!


What a beach babe!

What an almost cool dude, he'd be even cooler if his sunglasses were on right way!








Fun Day at the Beach!

6 comments:

Jen said...

Abby looks so BIG! Not so much a baby anymore, more of a little girl. It's cliche, but it really is amazing how fast they grow up!

Ang said...

I wish we had that weather here! Looks like fun!

Melanie Bingham said...

I just LOVE Abby's swimsuit. And Ethans glasses are perfect

Jana said...

those pics are so cute. Thanks so much for visiting with us and for the awesome cookies. They were so good! We almost ate them all before morning but thought the kids might be mad if we didn't save them any. I think they each got one. ;)

Beth said...

I love the pictures with the kids looking at the birds. You've got adorable kids!

Kristin said...

So cute. Abbie looks adorable.