Did you know that...Cinco de Mayo is celebrated because it's the day the Mexican Army defeated the French at the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862. Cinco de Mayo is mostly celebrated in Puebla (Mexico) and the U.S. as a day to celebrate Mexican heritage and pride. It is not Mexico's Independence day. (Wikipedia)
When I worked at the college my Mexican (I mean straight from Mexico) student workers would ask me what Cinco de Mayo was...And I thought you're asking the white girl from Utah? Obviously they were not from Puebla...
So why not celebrate with the Mexican's and remember their heritage! So...
Happy Cinco de Mayo!
3 comments:
Cute girl. Love the dress.
She's SO cute and pretty!!! I love her dress!!!!
I always thought it was funny that we celebrate it more here in Utah than they do in Mexico. I have some little girl dresses like that too. I love them - the handiwork is so beautiful. Your little girl is growing up so fast and she looks so cute.
Post a Comment