Tuesday, September 7, 2010

(Pre) School is Cool!

Ethan started Pre-school last week at a local Baptist Church and I'm happy and pleased to report that HE LOVES IT! I was so nervous that my super shy guy would run for the hills if we made him go to school. And yet here I am surprised as can be that he really does love it. We really were SO unsure if this would be the right thing for him and actually didn't end up registering until the last minute (course that's nothing new around these parts, we are PROCRASTINATORS to the worst degree). But I am SO glad we did and am SO glad he loves it! The school came highly reccomended by some friends and his teacher is great! The class is pretty small, well organized and they really know how to keep the kids interested and busy, he goes twice a week for about 5 hours, so all in all a great introduction to school for Ethan!


This is officially his 2nd week and he gets so excited to go to "schoo" and wear his "pack-pack". Today we dropped him off and he just went right in sat down at his spot opened his pencil box and started coloring! You should've seen the goofy grins on our faces...Yeah, we're pretty proud of our pre-schooler!



Had to show me his "pack-pack"



Not totally sure what's going on here...



Me...lingering, hovering, hanging around...His teacher probably thought I wasn't ever going to leave! And I admit I did get a little teary after leaving him there.
Poor Abby she doesn't know who to harass while Ethan's gone...Lucky for me, she's been taking extra long naps when Ethan's at school, probably because it's so quiet! So I get some quiet time too! HALLELUJAH! I think it's safe to say we ALL love pre-school!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Man, I can't believe he's old enough to go. I am so not ready for that day. You look great by the way.

TinaG said...

Hey we take Rae there to The Spring Baptist Church! I love it! Bea also has the problem of not knowing to to bug since Raeanna i at school. Sadly I am her next victim (=