Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A Decision

I am plagued by indecisiveness, I'm not sure why I can't make decisions. I always have to get lots of opinions before I can make a decision. And I always go back and forth and back and forth and back and forth, weighing all my options before I'm able to make a decision. Maybe because I'm afraid of the consequences if I make a bad or wrong decision or maybe it's because I'm a people pleaser and have to make everyone happy or maybe I'm too analytical about stuff...I'm sure a psychologist would have a field day trying to figure out the pyschology of that. Although I'm sure my psyche isn't that complicated, it's just indecisive. But I have made a decision and mostly came to this decision on my own. Thank you very much!

READY?

I will be running a HALF marathon in November. Yes that was a hard decision to make and yes it was a big deal. All you decisive people out there, you can stop rolling your eyes now. Quite honestly I am a little disappointed in myself that I have not been running the miles I should in preparation for a full marathon (according to my training schedule). Because I SO wanted to do a full, but as time is flying by, reality is setting in. It does require A LOT of time and well, I just haven't had enough time, sounds like a lame excuse-I know, but it's the truth. I'm still running and actually ran 3 miles in 22 minutes one day last week. Not bad for this tubby, mostly out of shape, girl who is relatively new to the whole running thing, right? But I continue to run just with a different goal in mind.

So...13.1

It's no 26.2

But it'll do...

9 comments:

racing dawn said...

Ok - so i'll let you stick with your decision but a couple questions...what distance are you up to? the marathon is still doable! you have what, 8 weeks? you could still build up for 6 more weeks...just jump up by 2 miles each week, don't take a down week at all till the week right before the race. go in with the attitude to finish & not worry about having walking breaks and you could do it! if you're up to 8 to 10 miles you could do it!

you're supposed to consult me on decisions like this. :) talk to me - we could make it happen it you want!!!!

but a half is okay too - no pressure! i'm happy you're running!

Mindy and Benjamin said...

It sounds like you and i are exactly the same with the decision making process! Anyways Kel-a half marathon is more than respectable. You go girl!

Terri said...

Wow, 22min for 3miles, that insanely fast! Just keep running, just keep running, just keep running (sung... like dory)

Melanie Bingham said...

Okay Dawn is obviously drinking some kool-aid the rest of us are not BUT she is right you could do it. You are a rock-star and a fast rock-star at that. I still haven't made it past a solid mile since having this baby. I might be in trouble for my Tri in November.

Jana said...

Holy moly sister. Where have I been?! Remember not very long ago when you just started running at twin creeks? Look at you go! You are an animal! I am so proud of you.

Bryan said...

22 Minutes? Dang GINA! You are sooo awesome, that is a great time! I am pround of you... and inspired!- MJ

Singled Out said...

I don't think there is too much psychology with your indecision. It all boils down to heredity and you have inherited that trait from our mother. The only difference is she gets everyone's opinions and then does EXACTLY what she wanted to do all along....love ya' mom! The running part: Who knows where THAT came from. Maybe it all stems back to when you and Mel would run around Rock Port in your flip flops. I was horrified that you two weren't in proper footwear. See?!!?!? Even then I was obsessed with shoes, and I was like 11 or 12.

margaret said...

You go girl! It's way more than I can do!

Kristin said...

Are you kidding me? I still think it's awesome. I call it exercising if I walk across the street to the lake. I can't imagine the dedication of preparing for a half marathon. Good luck!