Completed number two half marathon on Sunday. And it was GREAT! This race was so much different than San Antonio. San Antonio had a bazillion runners, Sunday there were maybe 250? San Antonio we ran through some ghetto, Sunday ran through beautiful tree lined streets. San Antonio required you to zig zag across the street to get through people, Sunday we had the road pretty much to ourselves and LOTS and LOTS of elbow room. San Antonio I hit a wall at mile 11, Sunday no walls were hit, well, except maybe at mile 12.5, huh, Terri? When I became a bit of a downer, sorry Terri! She kept telling me she could see the 13 mile sign, and I couldn't see it (probably need glasses) and so I just kept on whining and complaining until I finally saw it! San Antonio's race ended in a parking lot with bananas, water, power bars and fruit snacks and 4 million people (no, not really). Sunday there was pizza, breakfast tacos, Oreo's (even mint) and chips ahoy, doughnuts, bananas, soft drinks! That's probably why I liked this race SO much---junk food! I should make a t-shirt that says "Will run for food!" :) San Antonio was fun for lots of reasons but for running fun Sunday was better! After San Antonio I was not wanting to do another half, and quite frankly when I got to the race (it was freezing cold and windy) I sat in my car and watched all the other runners, and thought I don't want to do this! I SOOOO don't want to do this! BUT I did and now I'm so glad I did! Thanks Terri for being my running buddy and cluing me in to this race!
And yeah the pain was worse this time around probably because I sat around a lot after this race, didn't do any walking and not as much running/training happened before the race either. So Sunday night you would've found me literally crawling up the stairs to go to bed. The quads couldn't take it! But now I feel great! And am excited to do number 3- 13.1!
Cute Terri-I almost didn't include this picture because it gives the impression that we were just strolling along taking pictures-which was not the case at all! We stopped for like 5 sec. so I could snap two pic.'s this one and the one below!
Don't you love the fall colors in DECEMBER? Gotta love Texas!
And yeah the pain was worse this time around probably because I sat around a lot after this race, didn't do any walking and not as much running/training happened before the race either. So Sunday night you would've found me literally crawling up the stairs to go to bed. The quads couldn't take it! But now I feel great! And am excited to do number 3- 13.1!
Cute Terri-I almost didn't include this picture because it gives the impression that we were just strolling along taking pictures-which was not the case at all! We stopped for like 5 sec. so I could snap two pic.'s this one and the one below!
Don't you love the fall colors in DECEMBER? Gotta love Texas! Gotta give a shout out to Matt and Jason and Ian! Not only did they brave the weather but did a great job of cheering us on (and took some great photos, unfortunately I do not look great in the great photos...)!
P.S. I asked Santa for some new running attire, otherwise you will see me in this outfit for every single run that I do... :) Let's hope Santa pulls through!
5 comments:
where was the race this past sunday?
I am so getting you socks! It was fun, wasn't it! It made me laugh when you were talking about elbow room, how many times did we run into eachother!
Jen-the race was at Alexander Duessen park (off the beltway) on Lake Houston. It's a great park! If you haven't been there you should go, the boys would love it!
Terri- ;)
You are awesome!
I am so impressed. You will NEVER see a blog post about me running anywhere, anytime. But I think you're amazing!
Post a Comment