Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A Memorable Christmas

Christmas 2010 was definitely memorable! We celebrated for several days and had gifts here, there and everywhere! Alex worked Christmas Eve and Christmas Day but we got to have Christmas morning all together, then we headed to Utah for more festive fun! And boy was it fun, unfortunately as we know fun can't last forever so it was not ALL fun!! But it was great to be with family and just be together! Here's a few Hi and Lo Lights:

Hi-lights:

  • Ethan LOVED Christmas this year (although I don't think he's totally clear on the concept, he knows it has something to do with the Baby Jesus and Santa Clause being at the mall...)
  • Hanging with Family
  • Chillin' in Sweats
  • Alex, Kelli and Ethan date to see Tangled (I loved it, not sure my boys loved it as much)!
  • Alex and Kelli date with my cute and fun cousins and their cute and fun husbands!
  • Cafe Rio (Yay! For Kim's new job!)
  • Antibiotics (see lo-lights)
  • Sewing Projects (mostly just aprons)
  • Wii Glee and Just Dance 2
  • Celebrating Christmas and Abby's Birthday multiple times


Lo-lights:

  • Ethan had strep throat AND an ear infection (yay for antibiotics)!
  • Abby had a upper respiratory virus (no! no antibiotics perscribed:( NO!) and it seemed every time she coughed really hard, she also would barf (sorry I know that's gross)! Not fun! And she was super cranky most of the time we were there!
  • Driving (more like white knuckling it) in the snow and the ice! Yikes!
  • Cold! Soooo stinkin' COLD!!!
  • Daisy ran away (she was staying with Alex's brother in H-town)
  • Daisy came back (after more than a day she found her way back to HIS house, she is a hound dog afterall!) You might be wondering why I put this in the lo-lights because after a sleepless night (me...worrying about her) and I was just getting used to the idea she was gone, she came back! *&%$ dog! ;)

{Here's a few thousand pictures}

~Christmas Morning at our house~


Ethan got a bike!
Abby got a horse!

Alex went to 4 Sam's Clubs trying to get a horse very similar to this but ALL of them were completely OUT...We almost ordered one online that would've cost as much to ship as it would to buy it. We decided not to buy it but were SO disappointed because we thought this would've been perfect for Abby! Then...On Christmas Eve had to run to CVS and lo and behold I look up and there on the top shelf is this horse! It's a Christmas miracle! :)
Not pictured--Kelli got a vaccum! Alex got some ammo!

Ethan was SO cute he got just as excited opening his undies and socks as he did getting his fun toys!
Stockings!!
Next day we hit Utah! Here's some Christmas celebrating with Pa-Pa, as soon as we got there!




Alex and Pa-Pa comparing their RC cars from Kristi.

"Christmas Eve" (actually the 26th) My Mom made those stockings, aren't they cute?

"Christmas Morning" at Grammie's (actually the 27th) check out Ethan's bed-head, don't know what was up with Grammie's pillows but Ethan woke up every morning with hair like this!
Aunt Kim and Ethan, never was there an Aunt or a nephew admired more! These two are inseperable!
Serious concentration is a must when unwrapping presents...
Present Mayhem!
I made Abby's Apron, thank you, however I did require Grammie's assistance on the flounce, cuz that required more than just sewing in a straight line...
So obviously I did NOT make Ethan's apron, luckily Grammie and Kim found a cute boy-ish kind, and he'll definitely put it to good use!
Me in front of 'our' Temple, FREEZING almost to death! We met my cousins in downtown SLC for dinner and couldn't resist strolling through Temple Square to see the lights. But only for like 2.5 minutes. Did I mention it was cold?

See the apron already came in handy, Ethan's frosting the cake I messed up on for Abby's birthday party celebration...
His masterpiece, looks scrumptious doesn't it?

Ethan had a blast in the snow!

We celebrated our l'il cupcakes birthday (even though it's not til Jan. 27th). Grammie just can't resist another reason to throw a party!




Birthday decorations
Apparently Ethan did not appreciate our rousing rendition of Happy Birthday to you!
Look who's 2---almost...
Clean up on aisle 4! Of course Abby needed the register to go with her grocery cart!
Kristi could not take all the partying and pooped right out!
Two peas in a pod!
One of these things is not like the others, am I the only one having a good time here?
Well, Kim's having a good time!

I know it's not a great picture, but I had to throw this in of Abby in her sweater that my sisters got for her when they went to Ireland in the fall, isn't it the cutest?! She's pretty cute too!
Just a cute pic of Grammie, Kim, Abby and Ethan

So while this Christmas was good and the gifts were great! I was reminded several times the real reason we celebrate Christmas, and I'm so grateful for the birth of my Savior and to get to celebrate with my two little angels!
We're excited to see what 2011 will bring, not starting out to be too great but not terrible either! Maybe mediocre is the way to go when starting a new year, you know set the expectation low...

4 comments:

racing dawn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
racing dawn said...

fun pictures!!! i've said it before, i'll say it again...you should be here... :) glad you had such a fun trip!

and congrats on the new vacuum...hope you got a new running shirt or socks or something besides that. ;) heehee

Kelli said...

Ha! Dawn you're funny! And yes, I got a couple gift cards to get some new running gear, thank heavens! :)

Jana said...

hahahahaHA! Still laughing about the bleepin dog! love it.