There are a few things Texas is famous for BBQ, football, longhorn cows and bulls, cowboys, Texas pride, oil, ginormous bugs and the Houston Rodeo (not necessarily in that order). In honor of the rodeo coming to town everyone celebrates Go Texan day! Which means you dust off the chaps and get along li'l doggie! Ethan's school celebrated Go Texan day with a petting zoo and stick horse parade. I do have to mention that you've never seen such elaborate stick horses in your whole life! Mom's and Dad's had a great time bedazzling, sewing, coloring, painting, dressing up their little cowboy's and cowgirl's stick horses. For the record I let Ethan color his own, and yes it was hard for me. He did get a ribbon for "Best Rainbow Mane" though.
I'm not sure who was more excited about Go Texan day, Alex or Ethan? Alex was so puffed up with that Texas pride that his son was going to be dressing up like a real cowboy, I thought he might pop, really. He went to several stores looking for the right boots, we had to buy him a belt with a big buckle on it, there were NO other options. I picked out, what I thought was a suitable, hat for Ethan to wear and I was firmly informed that it was not the proper hat for a little cowboy, especially OUR little cowboy. He painstakingly starched and ironed Ethan's clothes and even went so far as to iron out a circle on the back pocket. No we don't let our 4 yr.old use any kind of tobacco product. I even got a stern talkin' to when I did not purchase Wranglers for Ethan. Yes, folks this Go Texan day is a BIG deal (at least at our house)!
I'm not sure who was more excited about Go Texan day, Alex or Ethan? Alex was so puffed up with that Texas pride that his son was going to be dressing up like a real cowboy, I thought he might pop, really. He went to several stores looking for the right boots, we had to buy him a belt with a big buckle on it, there were NO other options. I picked out, what I thought was a suitable, hat for Ethan to wear and I was firmly informed that it was not the proper hat for a little cowboy, especially OUR little cowboy. He painstakingly starched and ironed Ethan's clothes and even went so far as to iron out a circle on the back pocket. No we don't let our 4 yr.old use any kind of tobacco product. I even got a stern talkin' to when I did not purchase Wranglers for Ethan. Yes, folks this Go Texan day is a BIG deal (at least at our house)!
Ethan and his 'Best Rainbow Mane' horse, leading his class in the stick horse parade.
(Hat and bandana provided by one Ethan's classmates grandpa's)
3 comments:
Oh this makes me so sad. My kids will never get to dress up for Go Texan Day! :( Ethan looked fantastic. And his horse's mane was certainly the rainbowiest mane I've ever seen. Way to go Ethan. (And mom - it's so hard to let them do it themselves, isn't it?)
My oh My he is handsome in a cowboy hat!
I don't know what's cuter, Ethan, or Alex getting his boy ready for Go Texan Day.
Post a Comment