Thursday, March 10, 2011

Every Party Has A...

...Well, you know...And that's OK in this case because the party is for me and it's in the form of P~I~T~Y! I feel on the very verge of throwing myself the biggest pity party ever!! No nothing life changing or earth shattering happened that would warrant such a party...But I mean we're talking the depths of despair here people...I feel like I'm in the lowest P~I~T of the P~I~T~Y! Could someone toss me a ladder or even a rope, heck throw me a bone! I don't care! WAIT! Before you call the looney bin to have me hauled off, I don't mean to sound all desperately depressed or in need of serious medical attention or anything like that. I've just been feelin' bad about myself and the things I've NOT been doing.

If you'll indulge me for a moment here (read no further if you don't want to hear a complainer who really has nothing to complain about, complain about stuff) a few things that are bugging the HECK out of me! I've not been running in a month and feel like a big ol' tub of goo...My inner housewife is in need of a wake up call or something...My house is a DISASTER...And while on that subject my poor husband picks up a lot of my slack (you'd think I'd be grateful but generally it just makes me feel really bad and guilty)...I could definitely use some help in being a kinder, sweeter, more gentle wife...I feel oh so inadequate in my mothering, and in my calling at church... I feel like right now is the worst I've ever looked in my whole life (see family picture to the right), which I think it has very little to do with vanity and a lot to do with the fact that I stopped really caring about my appearance somewhere along the way (if you personally know of a time when I have looked worse, please don't mention it...thanks...appreciate it)...I don't can or jam or sing or sew I don't bake or craft or have all my food storage in order (even if I had some it mostly likely wouldn't be organized)...which brings me to my next point, I'm messy and unorganized...I don't say the right things at the right time, I say the wrong things at the wrong time...I'm a procrastinator BIG time...The list goes on and on and on and on...See what I mean I could have one serious pity party! And maybe I just did, sorry if you didn't want to be guests at that party, I didn't even let you RSVP...How rude (just add that to the list too).

And just so you know I'm not fishing for compliments here, really I am NOT, no really. I just really needed to get that off my chest! Maybe now we've 'partied' and I got it out of my system, I can move on to other more productive and uplifting ways to party! Like get off your butt and clean your house party! Or dust off those running shoes and enjoy the beautiful Texas weather, while it lasts party! Or throw out your old junk and get organzied party! Or get a hair cut and color that you actually like party!

See? I'm feeling better already! Look at the all the parties I get to attend, although I think I'm the hostess and the only guest but whatever!

4 comments:

Carrie said...

I LOVE YOU KELLI! Thanks for making me laugh with your excellent writing and for reminding me that I'm not alone in my feelings of frustration, guilt, inadequacy, and just plain blaaagh. Now, get out there and go for a run.

Jana said...

Talk about ridiculous... I was having a "my new lovely house is too big to clean. Wah wah wahhh." party today. I totally ditched my house and sat on kates floor because i didnt want to clean my stinky dishes. Still havent. :) dishes are so patient...

Hey, When you start running call me. I think I am finally ready to start at the beginning again. Twin creeks here we come?

I know you weren't fishing for compliments but I've just gotta say ... I love you. You amaze me. I love your style. You make tall beautiful. I think Your hair always looks great. You have the most adorable children on the planet. You are so comfortable to be with. You are a natural leader. You are a gifted teacher and loyal friend. You make me laugh. You are the real deal. Cleaning stinks. But you don't. Hang in there girl. You are not alone!!

Mary Jane said...

well, I just have to say, that I think you are wonderful and guesss what? I think it is totally normal to go through spells now and again of not being motivated.I DO think you are amazing and I love talking to you on the phone because you always make me laugh-and I think you are a very kind hearted, great person. Sometimes I think we are way too hard on ourselves. Just remember- Perfection is impossible but happiness is not:)

Kristin said...

This is hilarious because on another post I just told you how awesome I think the pictures are! Too funny! I know what you mean though. I told David the other day that I feel like my self esteem is at an all time low. Maybe it's Post Post Natal depression or something?? But like you, I have to step back and realize that I'm able to feed my kids, we have a safe, dry place to sleep and I don't live in fear. It helps to get some perspective. I love you! Come visit!