One day...
We went to Galveston, rode "The Colonel" an old paddle wheel boat, couldn't have asked for better weather. Sunny, warm (but not too), breezy, nearly perfect. We ate lunch along the seawall and enjoyed the ocean view. The kids played in the water and LOVED it.
Another day...
We went to Ethan's T-ball practice and on a different day, a game. I am totally amazed at how quickly these little kids have gotten the hang of it. Yeah they still sometimes tackle each other for the ball and sometimes they forget to drop the bat and run to first after they've hit the ball. But there have been HUGE improvements in just the 3 weeks these cuties have been practicing and playing ball. The game this week was A LOT shorter then previous games (kids are hitting better, not quite as confused etc.). The best part is EVERYONE wants to slide into home plate. Some dive, some roll, some run up to the plate and just drop to their knees, some slide on their tummies far short of the base. Whatever method they choose, it's all pretty funny! :)
We played at the park...
We celebrated Papa's 68th birthday, and I'm happy to report that I successfully made him an Angel Food Cake (well...from a box), my track record for making birthday cakes is not good, even when making them from a box, so I'm so pleased his cake turned out normal looking and actually tasted good too! Whew!
We went to Ethan's Spring Open house at his school. Can I just say I LOVE his school! I love his teacher, I love their program, I love how they love my kid, I love the way they are teaching him, I love the way he's learning and coming right out of his shy little shell. SBC is AWESOME!! They had the kids show us some of the things they've been learning in PE, and of course they had to include a parent in the fun. So funny, to see all the mom's and dad's out there doing the hokey poky and the tootie tot. Unfortunately I participated in these so I didn't get to see everyone but my Dad sure got a good laugh and still laughs about it and probably will for some time. So I'm sure it was more than entertaining!
It's fun to see my Dad in action as a "Papa" and fun to see my kids just LOVE their Papa! Thanks for a fun visit D.O.D! See ya soon!
2 comments:
Super jealous! When we went out to din-din for D.O.D.'s birthday, the kids were ALL he talked about. He loves, loves, loves visiting.
Hey Kelli! Loved catching up on your blog. Ethan looks so cute in his baseball cap! Your family is so adorable, that Abby is so pretty. - mary jane
Post a Comment