Here is a funeral program I made up after the funeral, those are Amber's feet prints. :)
This dress was made for Amber by a wonderful and talented friend. We were so thankful she did that for us, what a sweet and thoughtful gift. It was so beautiful and perfect for our angel. We wanted everyone to see it, so they displayed it for us and then the funeral director dressed Amber in it before the service.
Kim with the kids
Our friend and Bishop conducted the funeral.
My good friend Janalyn leading everyone in "Families Can Be Together Forever".
My good friend Lexye provided beautiful music.

Alex gave a great talk, he was so strong. He reminded us all of how important families are and that we can be together forever and shared some thoughts and feelings he'd had in the hours he spent holding Amber.
My mom read:
"A Child Loaned"
"I'll lend you for a little time, a child of mine, He said.
For you to love while she lives, and mourn when she is gone.
It may be hours, or 7 years or twenty too or three;
But will you till I call her back, take care of her for me?
She'll bring her love to gladden you, and should her stay be brief,
You'll have her lovely memories, as solace for your grief.
I cannot promise she will stay, since all from earth return.
But there are lessons taught down there I want this child to learn.
I've looked the whole world over in search for teachers true
And from the throngs that crowd life's lanes, I have selected you,
Now will you give her all your love, nor think your labor vain,
Nor hate me when I come to call to take her back again.
I trusted that I heard them say "Dear Lord thy will be done".
For all the joy thy child will bring the risk of grief will run.
We'll shelter her with tenderness.
We'll love her while we may, and for the happiness we've known we'll ever grateful stay.
But should your angels call for her much sooner than we planned,
We'll brave the bitter grief that comes and try to understand."
{Author Unknown}
"A Child Loaned"
"I'll lend you for a little time, a child of mine, He said.
For you to love while she lives, and mourn when she is gone.
It may be hours, or 7 years or twenty too or three;
But will you till I call her back, take care of her for me?
She'll bring her love to gladden you, and should her stay be brief,
You'll have her lovely memories, as solace for your grief.
I cannot promise she will stay, since all from earth return.
But there are lessons taught down there I want this child to learn.
I've looked the whole world over in search for teachers true
And from the throngs that crowd life's lanes, I have selected you,
Now will you give her all your love, nor think your labor vain,
Nor hate me when I come to call to take her back again.
I trusted that I heard them say "Dear Lord thy will be done".
For all the joy thy child will bring the risk of grief will run.
We'll shelter her with tenderness.
We'll love her while we may, and for the happiness we've known we'll ever grateful stay.
But should your angels call for her much sooner than we planned,
We'll brave the bitter grief that comes and try to understand."
{Author Unknown}
We intended to give everyone a balloon to release but the strings got all tangled up together and couldn't easily be undone, so we just had Ethan and Abby let the bunch go.
You can't tell in this picture but a single pink balloon became loose and went into the heavens faster than all the rest. Just like our baby girl.
Alex dedicated her grave, as a place of peace and learning...
Then Alex, myself, Ethan and Abby all placed a single pink rose by her casket.
---FAMILY---
The Arredondo Men
Robert Jr., Robert Sr., Alex, Anthony
Alex, Me, Ethan and Abby with my Dad- "Pa-pa", sisters Kristi andKim and my mom-"Grammie"
Alex's brothers and his mom...Anthony, Linda, Alex, Dominick (Robert's son), Robert
Robert Sr., Robert Jr., Anthony, Dominick, Grandma Sara, Alex
I love this picture, all the boys ended up exploring together after the service. Jason and Ian, Zach and Drew, Dominick and Ethan all conspiring together...We asked Ethan what they were talking about and he said, "cars". Of course! What else do boys talk about when they get together.
This is a temporary marker that the funeral home gave to us until we get her headstone in place.
A funeral is something I never thought I would have to plan, at least not for one of my children. As soon as we got more information about Amber and her condition(s) I started thinking about her funeral. Death was a real possibility for her there was no getting around that. But I also didn't just want to focus on her death. A sweet and wise, new friend {April} (click there to check out her blog, you will be inspired, I promise) whose son shared some similarities to Amber and recently passed away said, "It's never living in denial to be hopeful!" She also said, "God will take care of you if saying goodbye is part of your journey." And I was hopeful but very aware of the possibility of having to say goodbye. The day of the funeral was of course a really hard and emotional day. But April was right, God did take care of us. We were so grateful to have our friends and family there with us. We cried together, with heavy hearts we said good-bye to Amber together, they carried our burden with us, supported, comforted and encouraged us. So what I thought was going to be a dreadful day, turned out to be a beautiful uplifting day full of love, family, friendship and peace. Feelings that were not only tender but I'm certain were heaven sent. I was reminded several times that day that we may have buried Amber's body but not our love for her and definitely not her spirit, she lives on and will always be with us and in our hearts. Forever.

























2 comments:
It sounds like it was a beautiful day honoring your beautiful daughter. I admire your faith and strength, Kelli. I hope you always feel her close and watching over you. xo
There is something so incredibly emotional about looking at a tiny casket. I'm grateful you had a sweet friend make such a beautiful dress for Amber. I love the idea of the balloons being released to heaven. I'm sure that is something Ethan and Abby will always remember. (This is probably inappropriate to comment on this particular blog post, but your hair looks beautiful.) You know I have always thought Alex was an amazing man and reading about the funeral and reading other posts on your facebook page just confirms that. I love you both so much!
Post a Comment