First Up-Mother's Day--
Hard day...as it was the day after Amber's funeral but it was nice to be with my whole family and this was my favorite thing of the day...
Next Up--
My Birthday...To be totally honest I can't remember much of my Birthday. But what I do remember was great! I got some awesome new pots and pans!
Sort of fitting that Alex gets a picture with "MY" new pots and pans, since he really does most of the cooking, well, the good cooking anyway.
I DO remember my friends being so sweet to me and showering me with gifts and I even got a pedicure and breakfast with a couple of friends! And lunch at Chuy's! I really have THE best friends!
AND
I got to see my Cara friend before she made the move to PA.! And I thought Dallas was far! She was so sweet to drive down from Dallas, to see us before they headed back East.
And silly me, I didn't take any pictures except this one of Ethan and Allie together!
Next up--
Abby's room transformation (a work in progress)
We went from this...
To this...
To this...
It sort of has a Mexican Fiesta feel to it which was not intentional but it is what it is. We still have some stuff to do but we're working on it.
And looky at what I made-ALL by myself (maybe that's obvious). This hangs on the wall to the right of the lamp...Anyway I saw this on Etsy and the lady was charging $95! I made mine for probably $25, could've been less if I hadn't bought so many buttons!!
She loves her big girl bed! Abby is officially our big girl! I am most pleased to report that potty training is complete and has been a total success! Hallelujah!
Next Up...
Ethan finished Kindergarten!
Alex and I got to go see Ethan in his first official Field Day. And can I just say I think this was the LAME-est field day ever!
Three things:
1st- It was SO stinkin' hot and dusty!!
2nd-The things they did for field day were totally dumb!!
3rd- Field day was about an hour and a half too long!!
Here's some photo's of my adorable kid on a pretty lame day!
Mr comedian trying to impress the girls..
Sno-Cones were the coolest thing about Lame Day..er.. I mean Field Day! And I mean that literally and figuratively!
Next Up--
Alex and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary...
We 'celebrated' the big day by not really doing anything, Alex worked even though he took the day off. We went to Ethan's Lame/Field day. And once the kids were in bed, Alex got us take out from P.F.Changs (for dinner) and Cheesecake Factory (for dessert). And we watched Harry Potter. Besides going to Mexico for our 1st Anniversary, I think this one might be one of my favorite anniversary celebrations! And at least my husband is still my favorite!
Here we are 10 years ago...
Next Up--
Father's Day
This series of pictures cracks me up! Poor Ethan was SO sick. And Alex had been working for like 3 days and nights straight and was totally exhausted. I was only trying to get ONE good shot of all 3 of them. Just one. Apparently that was hoping for just too much!
Honey, wake up, it's time to open your present...
Ethan wake up it's time to open Dad's present...
Ethan and Abby look at ME! Smile Alex!
Okay now smile and look at me, Ethan open your eyes!
ABBY!!
Honey! Don't go to sleep, don't go to sleep...
ABBY!!!
OK! Close enough!!!
All right! Cards!
All right! A shirt!
Love you, Daddy!!
Next Up--
Alex's Birthday
Yay! Birthday boy!
I think his wish was that this cake would turn into another kind of cake. After 10 years of marriage I found out AFTER I made this cake that Alex doesn't like Heath candy bars (that's the bits on top of the cake). Oy! At least he ate a piece, and I ate the rest.
I got him the latest Sherlock Holmes on DVD and a Best Buy gift card. Ethan got Alex a toy Dodge Viper but really it was for him. And Abby got Alex that sand bucket and a pink van but really it was for her.
Happy Birthday, we love you, yes we do!
We also celebrated by going out with some friends, and we had a blast! We went to Pappadeaux's a yummy place that serves a lot of fish (and this girl, who doesn't eat fish, sure enjoyed my Cedar Plank Atlantic Salmon)! It was DEEEE-LISH!!!
{Next Up-4th of July festivities and summer fun!}
There it is, our life going on...



2 comments:
I thought of you on Mother's Day and wondered how you were doing. That and Father's Day had to be hard. I'm sure Thanksgiving, Christmas and her birthday will be hard as well. I really admire your ability to face these things and also keep up your sense of humor. I miss you guys a lot. Maybe you need to come visit us... Ethan is so grown up. I can't even believe it. Abby's hair is so long! I love seeing your happy family. And what the heck?? Who doesn't like Heath bars?!
Good update! I need to do the same.. I still have pics from January I have not posted
Post a Comment