Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Catching Up!

So..I'm a bit behind on the blog, I suppose because Facebook is more convenient. But I want to keep a better record of what's happening with my family with better details and more pictures so I guess this is the best way to do it! Even if it bores my (few) faithful friends/family/readers to death! {So sorry about that!}

Let's start with Christmas! What a great Christmas it was! We went to Utah for about 10 days, the first 5 days were fantastic! Perfect mixture of fun and relaxing. The next 5 days BAM! Got hit with the flu or a virus or a terrible cold or something equally awful! I was miserable and so were my kiddo's. Somehow Alex escaped the misery, lucky him!

Here's a bazillion pictures of the festive fun!

First up...some attempts at a Christmas card photo...







  


 Funny kids!

I started decorating my house the day after Thanksgiving, I LOVE Christmas and while I don't have a lot of decorations, and since we usually are in Utah, I try to use what I have. Plus I don't really want to spend a lot of moolah on decorations. 
{Ssssshhhhhhhhh! Don't tell my Mother that!}

 I made this, (apparently I like buttons...since the other crafts I've made this year involve buttons) :) And put it where our family picture is above the piano...
 Stockings as boots, sure! Why not?
 Nothing says, "It's Christmas" like a Santa toilet seat cover and rug!

We got a real tree this year! 

Ten hut!!!! (Not entirely sure why Ethan and Abby are standing at attention??) They were super helpful decorating the tree. I actually redecorated a bit after they decorated, we needed some ornaments on the top half of the tree too. Then I decided we needed more lights, bought some LED ones and didn't like them one bit! Took those lights off and bought the other kind and put those on and RE-decorated once again! Sheesh! That was kind of a pain in the arse!

I made those mini pom pom garlands :) Also kind of a pain in the arse! No not really, I just like saying arse.

I was not very creative with the Elf on the Shelf, luckily my kids don't know the difference. I'll try harder next year.

So the day before we went to Utah I decided I wanted to get a Christmas tree for Amber's grave to wish her a Merry Christmas. Shopping for a small tree 4 days before Christmas was a challenge, not much of a selection, it was either this one or a hot pink tinsel kind, I picked the white. It was freezing cold the evening I went to put up the tree. My hands were frozen trying to tie the ornaments to the tree. But that didn't matter. I was happy to do it. It didn't turn out exactly like I'd hoped, I didn't spend as much time on it as I would have liked, but I think Amber appreciates my efforts! :)

 Thought this angel ornament was really cute, and perfect for our angel!

Yep, we love her!
 Had the kids stay in the car until I was done decorating, then hurried and took a picture. Alex came up on his way to a side job and we all wished Amber a Merry Christmas!

 Then...Off to Utah!

Abby decided to channel her inner beautician (again) and cut her own hair about 2 hours before we were getting on the plane to Utah....Well...I have been wanting to try a bob for a while now...And I guess this was the perfect opportunity to try it out. So we flew to Utah with half cut hair and got it cut once we got there.



 I actually love her hair short, I think it totally fits her personality. The stylist was so happy I didn't mind cutting her hair, apparently she's had customers who were not happy about having to cut their kids hair short. It's just hair, right? What's the big deal? :) 

We celebrated (my sister) Kristi's birthday while we were there! My Mom set a very pretty table for the celebration.



 It snowed and snowed and snowed some more, I'm not sure it's stopped since we left! :)

The Birthday girl with the kiddo's!




We celebrated Christmas with Pa-pa on Christmas Eve.







  
My family has a tradition of wearing matching PJ's on Christmas Eve, so here's Ethan and Abby modeling their matching PJ's.

Leaving a note and cookies and milk for Santa...


Christmas Day! 
These kids are so loved and spoiled with lots of wonderful gifts! And by lots I mean LOTS! At one point Ethan said, "Santa LOVES me"! I think he's right!




  

   




  
Alex loves his JJ Watt jersey, matter of fact he bought it for himself and gave it to me to give to him.

We spent Christmas night with the Merry Mac's, fun family, fun night!


SO excited and all ready to play in all that white stuff.








 My little angels making snow angels!


 Snowball fight!!!




 Time for some sledding!















Nothing like a nice warm bubble bath after a fun afternoon in the snow!

And then we got sick...

The annual Grandma's Gingerbread (House Making) Party got cancelled, and the big birthday extravaganza for Abby and Sydney and Rachel (my cousins girls) was cancelled as well. But we couldn't let a cold/flu/crud stop us from having fun...OK maybe we did a little bit. OK maybe a lot. But we still managed to have Ethan and Abby make a gingerbread house.

 (note the bed head-she was sick and not feeling too great)






Some other hi-lights:
Les Miserables movie- with the Merry Mac's! My boyfriend Hugh was amazing, not a total hottie in this movie but still A-MAZING!
Cafe Rio-brought to us by our favorite Cafe Rio Payroll Manager- (my sister)
Me getting to lay in bed for hours and hours while sick, and other people tended to my kids.
Aunt Kim and Aunt Kristi- taking Ethan and Abby to The Rise of the Guardians (sans Parents).
Me providing fun and endless laughter for my Mom and Sister trying to squeeze into tiny little ski pants  (and to be honest they weren't that tiny) to go sledding with my kids.
Beautiful sunsets and snowy mountains!
Love my family and I love Utah and I love spending time with my family in Utah!


1 comment:

Chantel said...

Kelly, I don't know if you remember me but I saw your blog link from The Bachelor's and was pleasantly surprised to see an old friend from The Spring or was it Westfield? (it's been a while) Ward. I was so happy to catch up on what you've been doing and to see pictures of your cute family. I was also so sorry to hear about the loss of your little baby girl. I see that you are still in Texas. We moved back to Utah about 8 years ago. You can click on my user name and find your way back to my blog if you'd like to see our family blog or Kristin's got a link as well. Take care! Chantel