Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Look Who's 4!

Abby is 4! Say What?! How do 4 years go so fast?!
 It's been so fun to watch her grow, she is a funny kid and keeps us on our toes for sure!

She's very grown up and it's been fun to see her reason things out for herself, although I do get asked WHY, quite a bit. She's very inquisitive and curious about everything! I often have to just make up stuff because she asks me some questions I don't really know the answer to, and generally my answers are followed up by another why, then she'll say what's that mean? So I have to explain that too! It's quite of cycle of questions and answers and honestly it's kind of exhausting.

She sure loves her brother, he's her best 'fwiend'. They sure have fun together. She always saying "C'mon Ethan, let's GO!  

She still uses W's for R sounds and L sounds, which is totally adorable! She's very mature in the things that she says but the way she says them reminds us she's still just a widdo kid. 

She loves to be a princess and dances around the house all the time. She's a good little mommy to her "babies"/dolls and has recently been taking them with us wherever we go and her purse too, which is stuffed with all kinds of treats (including books, lip gloss, capri suns, fruit snacks and a My "Honey Pie" Pony or two.

She's got a wonderful imagination, with her fwiends, Wady and da Twamp and Toofwess. Sometimes she blames them for messes that she makes. 

She brings so much joy to our family! She is a happy "gil"! And we couldn't possibly love her more!
Happy Birthday Abby!!







 Yes, I know all those pictures are blurry, have you ever tried to take a picture at Bouncing Bears? ;)
We didn't really have a party for her, she just wanted the fam to go to Bouncing Bears, without any friends. OK by me!
Then we went to eat some authentic Mexican food, well maybe more authentic Tex-Mex. Alex loves this joint, he's kind of hard to please when comes to Mexican food, it's kind of a dive! But the food is great! And our little Mexicana loves the food too!


When we were changing her out of her church clothes, I said let's wear something cute for your birthday pictures. She said Mom! I don't want to look cute, I want to look like a princess!
{Ok, diva!}
So this is the outfit she thought made her look not cute but princessy, I think she's still cute.




As you can see, Alex is beyond thrilled to wearing the pink Hello Kitty party hat! Anything for his little girl!
Presents

 presents from Mom and Dad and Ethan

presents from Aunt Kristi

and more presents from Aunt Kimi
Presents Galore!
Not pictured is a table and chairs set from Grammie, set to arrive in April (darn that backorder) and a Minnie Mouse scooter that Pa-pa gave her!
Clearly I am NO cake decorator or really baker for that matter and obviously not a lot of effort went into this cake! And I was just happy that it didn't shrivel up and/or taste gross, maybe the curse of the bad birthday cakes has been lifted! The decorations do leave a little to be desired, I realize. Luckily she doesn't seem to mind one bit!

I'm so sad that she's getting SO big, and growing up way too fast! So let's take a moment and reflect on these last 4 fun filled years with our Abby!  
2009-2012 (in no particular order).




























4 comments:

Singled Out said...

Oh how we love our little Abster. She is the cutest gee-al with her Southern/New Jersey accent. :-)

Chantel said...

My little girl will be 4 on the 26th. It's too bad we don't still live by each other. I bet they'd be good friends!

Carrie said...

Happy birthday Abby! I'm sure her and Kaylee would have been good buddies if we hadn't up and moved. Abby sure is a pwetty girl! Hard to believe they turn 4 this year. Where does the time go!?

Kristin said...

I laughed out loud at the picture of Alex. That is classic! Abby looks so much like her dad.