Yep, Abby calls the Rodeo- "Radio" not sure why exactly but, you know, she's 4.
Anyway the kids were SO SO SO excited to go to the rodeo, after we shopped for their cowboy duds that is all we heard about for the next week. "I want to go to the radio...When are we going to the radio...Are we going to the radio now?"
Abby was so excited to finally get there as soon as we walked into Reliant and she saw all the carnival rides. She shouted, "We're here! We're here!" The people around us started to laugh at her enthusiastic response to seeing all the rides and stuff. One kid asked his sister why she didn't get that excited, she was like 13 and probably way to cool to show emotion or excitement for the "radio".
We actually didn't even go to the actual rodeo or concert. We just walked around, rode carnival rides and ate some junk food. It was fun and cold! SO unusual for it to be cold during rodeo time, usually it's raining or it's very warm and humid. The kids had long sleeved shirts on underneath their long sleeved shirts and we brought their jackets too (Ethan had his on the whole time so we didn't get a pic of his cowboy shirt but it was really cute on him), and it was still pretty cold. We had to go inside for a while to warm up and then we'd go back outside and ride some rides.
Overall it was great time and I love that my kids love it...I think there's a bit of farm girl and boy in their genes, from their Canadian/Peterson side.
Abby wore Ethan's Wranglers that he wore last year. Cute little Wrangler bums!
Abby was so excited about riding a pony! She loved it!
Alex thought the picture of the goat was hilarious, I think the picture of him with the picture of the goat is hilarious!
Elsie!!!
Helping out in the chutes..
And clowning around...Heehee, Abby!
We had a great time but I kept thinking about last year's rodeo when I was hugely pregnant with Amber, and not knowing what would happen with her and wondering if she would be able to come with us to this year's rodeo...
Maybe she did.










2 comments:
For sure she did. Forever in your heart. However if you ever do have a dream - or like conversation with her I need to know if there is diet coke and chocolate in Heaven...basically the place needs or at least my corner of heaven needs to smell like a bakery. If not I need to partake more here... Back to those uber cute kids of yours. I LOVE their hats and get-up how fun!
I've forgotten all about the Houston rodeo. We used to love it. Your kids are darling!
Post a Comment