This Easter, as with all Easters but especially this Easter, I felt so blessed to know that Jesus is our Savior and I am humbled by and grateful for his atoning sacrifice, he broke the bands of death for all of us. There's no greater gift.
What a nice Easter we had, we went to Grandma and Grandpa's house on Saturday for some yummy food and Easter fun with cousins. Unfortunately I forgot my camera.
When we got home from Grandma's and Grandpa's, we decided to color some eggs, I love to see their little creative minds at work, with drawings and stickers and color choices etc.
My cute little Easter bunny!
Aren't they cute all dressed up?
(Aren't they cute, not as dressed up?)
Visiting our angel, Abby picked out those purple flowers to take to her, and we put a little bunny for her little Easter basket. We met and talked with a very nice couple who lost their baby boy 25 days after he was born, talked with them for quite some time, I shared Amber's story and they shared their son's. I could sense their sadness but also their courage. As Amber is buried in the "baby land" portion of the cemetery all the babies she's surrounded by have a story and a family who love and miss their angels. And it was especially nice to visit with this family on Easter Sunday.
We love our little angel!
And the blue bonnets! Yay! I've been wanting to take pictures of the kids in the blue bonnets forever, well, at least since Ethan was little. And just never got around to it, since the blue bonnets only come out once a year for a couple weeks at a time not a big window of opportunity. So last Saturday I made Alex drive us an hour outside of Houston to Chappell Hill. The flowers are so beautiful and so abundant and easy to get to {just on the side of the freeway}. Unfortunately Ethan developed a big time fever on the drive over so he was not feeling to great and did not feel like smiling at all! Plus I had them looking into the sun, even though it was overcast, so we got the squinty eyed grumpy face in most pictures. Oh well!
My little sweeties, are so thoughtful, they wanted to pick a bunch and take them to Amber's grave. But we left the blue bonnets there and Amber can enjoy them from her little spot in Heaven.
.jpg)




1 comment:
I miss seeing those blue bonnets! Thanks for the pictures.
Post a Comment