Monday, February 3, 2014

Christmas, Texas style..

Since we went to Disneyland at the beginning of December we decided to stick around here for Christmas. In all the years we've lived in Texas there was only one other time we didn't go to Utah for Christmas, that was when I was 14 months pregnant with Abby (it felt like 14 anyway). So my Dad decided to come party with us. And by party I mean sit around and eat, we did do a couple fun things other than just eating...

But before we get in to all that, I have to post a video of Abby's dance class doing their Christmas performance..Seriously how cute are they? And pretty funny too! The video is pretty long but I can't figure out how to edit it down. I might be biased but I think it's fairly entertaining.



We also took a Christmas tree to Amber's place



 Christmas Eve...The funniest thing happened on Christmas Eve, we had a few presents under the tree. I woke up to the sounds of wrapping paper being ripped apart and couldn't figure out what was going on and couldn't remember what day it was. And then I thought maybe the kids found where the presents were hidden and decided to open them. I was SO confused! Then I realized it was only Christmas Eve, so I hopped out of bed ran downstairs and saw the kids tearing into their presents under the tree. I said what are you doing? Ethan said, "It's Christmas, time to open presents!" I said,  "No, it's only Christmas Eve and why didn't you wake me up? Now put the present back, it's not time to open presents." Ethan said all defensive, "Well, maybe  you need to wake up earlier!" As  he puts his half opened, half wrapped gift back under the tree. And I went back to bed. And the kids went and sat on the couch. I think they were the confused ones after that.

My Dad arrived later that night and we opened our traditional matching Christmas PJ's. Problem was pretty much only Abby's was Christmas like, and none of them matched! That's what happens when you wait til the last minute to do things...



                     We left St. Patrick's Day errrr, I mean Christmas cookies and a note for Santa.

 Christmas morning!!













All in all a great Christmas!

We decided to check out Santa's Wonderland. Wow! It was cool! And crazy crowded. Something like 5 million lights or something and probably that many people. It was fun though.





 Only in Texas!

 These two pictures of Alex, crack me up! That's my husband folks!


















 Then we decided to try out the Bayou Wildlife Park where we got to ride a train and feed the animals. Kids loved it! Fun stuff!










 Check out the horns on the Watusi! Poor thing couldn't even keep it's head up straight it was tilted to the one side...


















 This thing was from China or something. It's eyes sort of creeped me out a little bit.

For some reason these guys made me think of Harry Potter.. ;)






 This buffalo was a bit of a grump, it tried to knock the bowl out of Alex's hand but Alex wouldn't let it and Alex pushed on his head. Well, Mr. grumpy pants buffalo did not like that and pushed back. Yikes!




 Uh-oh! Mr. Grumpy pants is back for more!
 But this time he's ready for his close up.



 Pony rides!



 A GIANT rhino! I think they said he weighs 4,000 lbs. or something ridiculous like that. He was huge!

See ya later!






1 comment:

Chantel said...

Wow. Where in the heck are those lights? We never saw them when we lived there. Amazing.