Saturday, February 1, 2014

"Like Sands through the Hourglass..."

Lots to post, lots to say, lots and lots and lots and lots of pictures to share! So here goes...

Here's the rest of what didn't get posted in November...What can I say? November was here and in a blink of an eye it was gone. Same with December and January. It IS like the soap opera says, " like sands through the hour glass, so are the Days of our Lives" (Oh yes, I was a faithful Days watcher in High School, mostly because it was the only thing on after school it was either that or Jeopardy, heaven forbid I watch something I could actually learn from. Actually I learned a lot from Days, but nothing applicable in the real world, except that even the most evil, hard hearted of all (Victor Kiriakis) can have a tender side. :)

ANYWAY...
Back to reality...
Ethan had grandparents day at school, he's a lucky dude to have some wonderful grandparents!!

 Here's what Ethan's thankful for:
"I'm thankful for my family
because they love me so much.
They help me how to read.
And they like me so so much."
Well...that's true.
How sweet is this picture?!

And...

We hit Houston's Thanksgiving Day parade,  it was better than in years past, and we found a parking spot right near where we were sitting, it worked out great! The bad thing was it that it was freezing cold! (I know, I know, this is Texas and not Wisconsin so it's all relative but trust me it was COLD!)




















 We had Thanksgiving dinner on our own. It was nice..And it was delicious (which I can say because I really didn't do much)...

 My attempt to make do with what I had on hand for a Thanksgiving-ish Center piece, we even broke out the "fine" china for this meal.
All in all a GREAT Thanksgiving! Lots of blessings to be thankful for.

1 comment:

Chantel said...

Ha-ha. I used to watch Days as well.