Saturday, February 1, 2014

The Happiest Place on Earth to Wait in Long Lines!

Disneyland!!!! It was a total blast! And totally exhausting!! Everyone told us the week we were going was going to be the perfect week to go, because, nobody will be there, they said. Lines will be super fast, they said.  It'll be perfect, they said. BOY! Were they WRONG! It was very, very crowded! Despite the crowds we still had a great time! The kids did great, even when they were tired of walking and standing.  It was SO nice staying at the Disneyland Hotel just a whole different experience than staying outside the park. What a treat for my kids!
We all loved California Adventure too! Way fun!
 The Cars Land ride, and the Mater tractor ride and the Bugs Life rides. Were loved by all!
Abby's favorite was the teacups and the Buzz Lightyear ride...
Ethan's favorite was Star Tours..
Alex loved all the roller coasters
I loved the roller coasters too but I also loved Soarin Over California-way cool!

SO many pictures (I think i need to work on quality not so much on quantity)!!!



Matching shirts, aren't we cute! 
(Thanks, Heidi!)








Me and Abby cruisin'

What?! Did someone say Jedi's?
Checking out the map..





So fun to see it during the Holidays with all the lights!



































Such a great trip, so many fun memories, I sure love my mom and sisters! We did 3 days at the park with one day off in the middle, and boy oh boy did we need that break! Some more highlights: we went to see Frozen (again), and of course Abby wore her new Elsa gown to it. We sat in the "hot pool" (hot tub) one night, which turned out to be one of the kids favorite things. Abby was afraid of the characters, she cried pretty hard when Eyore came around. She was OK with the princesses as long as no eye contact was made and she didn't have to talk to them.  Ethan walking into our hotel room one night and saying, "Home sweet hotel". Such a wonderful trip and so glad we'll have those memories to cherish for a long, long time! 

OH! And a celebrity sighting: I am 99.2% sure I saw Tom Cruise at the airport when we were leaving from LAX. He was in line in front of me to go through security. I was busy with the kids helping them get they're stuff in the bins and all my stuff in the bins I didn't really look at him closely until he'd walked through the scanner deal. We actually made eye contact at one point and he had this amused look on his face, like he could see my wheels spinning or something. Alex paid no attention to him whatsoever so he doesn't think it was him! But I know what I saw and I am 99.2% sure it was him! AND he's super short!! I'm just sayin'...

1 comment:

Chantel said...

I love Disneyland! Glad you had a good time!