We had a pretty low key 4th, we spent some quality time together as a family, which was nice. We went to Splashtown and had a lot of fun! Ethan loved it especially the wave pool. Abby loved it too. I think she thinks she's really a fish. She loves the water.
Unfortunately while trying to take these pictures AND put Abby in the floaty I got our only working camera wet. OOOOPSIE!
Here's some pictures we took of the kiddo's in the 4th of July outfits that Grammie sent. Thanks Grammie! Luckily the camera was able to take a few more shots before dying out on us.
This was quite hilarious trying to get them to both look at the camera, Ethan to hold still and smile long enough to take a picture and to hold Abby! We were jumping around, clapping, talking baby talk, yelling at Ethan...I'm sure the neighbors got a kick out of watching us! Alex even broke out the bubbles, and ended up dumping most of it on my back...long story. This is sort of how our life is, it's just one big comedy of errors!
After this picture was taken, Ethan just stood up and dumped Abby on her face. She was NOT too pleased about that. Can't blame her! Poor kid!

I love the 4th of July holiday and I think big part of that is because my grandpa always made it extra special. He was very patirotic and had a great love for this beautiful country. He served in the military during WWII. I think he instilled in me a sense of pride about this country and the freedoms that we have. I hope I can pass that on to my children as well. A lot has been sacrificed for us to enjoy the freedoms that we have and I hope we don't take them for granted.
Oh and my other grandpa was from Canada, so I have a great love of Canada too ;)
I love the 4th of July holiday and I think big part of that is because my grandpa always made it extra special. He was very patirotic and had a great love for this beautiful country. He served in the military during WWII. I think he instilled in me a sense of pride about this country and the freedoms that we have. I hope I can pass that on to my children as well. A lot has been sacrificed for us to enjoy the freedoms that we have and I hope we don't take them for granted.
Oh and my other grandpa was from Canada, so I have a great love of Canada too ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment