A couple weekends ago we went to see our good friends, Jeff, Cara and Allison up in Dallas. Since it was Jeff's birthday we decided that would be a good time to visit! It was so fun to hang out with them, we've missed them a lot since they moved a few months ago! They have a beautiful home with deluxe accomadations for their guests, we were pretty spoiled. And Cara looks so cute all preg-o and stuff. We spent the whole weekend with them and just had a blast going to Cheesecake Factory and a cool community pool that was perfect for the toddlers (and adults) and just hanging out. However we did not take ONE picture!? What? I'm usually kind of obsessive about taking pictures and I seriously can't believe I didn't take ONE picture??? What is the matter with me!?? Anyway we love you Jeff and Cara and Allie and you may be seeing more of us in the near future (maybe more than you'd like)!!!
And....This last weekend was Alex's birthday....He's the big 33! And he doesn't want to talk about it...So don't ask him.
But we did go to Chili's on Saturday night to celebrate (but mostly so he could get the chocolate moulton cake for dessert) and then on Sunday (his actual BIRTHDAY) I made him blueberry pancakes for breakfast (go ahead and be impressed now), then we were off to church, then we went to his Mom's (again I didn't take one picture on Sunday, what is going on with me??) and had a wonderful dinner, hung out with Alex's Mom and Stepdad, all the neices and nephews, both of Alex's brother's and his Aunt Helen. It was fun to be together.
AND we had 3 different kinds of cake! How spoiled is he?
And....This last weekend was Alex's birthday....He's the big 33! And he doesn't want to talk about it...So don't ask him.
But we did go to Chili's on Saturday night to celebrate (but mostly so he could get the chocolate moulton cake for dessert) and then on Sunday (his actual BIRTHDAY) I made him blueberry pancakes for breakfast (go ahead and be impressed now), then we were off to church, then we went to his Mom's (again I didn't take one picture on Sunday, what is going on with me??) and had a wonderful dinner, hung out with Alex's Mom and Stepdad, all the neices and nephews, both of Alex's brother's and his Aunt Helen. It was fun to be together.
AND we had 3 different kinds of cake! How spoiled is he?
I would like to mention just for posterity's sake, that Alex had a serious case of the grumples (as Cara calls them) on his birthday! I asked him "What is up with you?" and he said and I quote "I'm happy every other day of the year can't I be grumpy one day?" To which I replied (thinking he really is delusional if he thinks he's happy every day of the year, except one, but now is not the time to bring that up) "No, you can not be grumpy on this one day cuz it's your birthday! Seriously! C'mon Alex!" Apparently my little pep talk didn't help much! But I think overall he had a good day! And he thanks everyone for the gifts and well wishes!
Here's some pictures I did take at Chili's of all places!
Here's some pictures I did take at Chili's of all places!
2 comments:
Happy Birthday Alex! We will miss you guys over the 4th!
I think we've decided to do a McBrothers reunion next year...plan on it!
Happy Birthday, Alex! It could be worse, you could be 40!
Post a Comment