It's official, Daisy the "*&%$" dog is no longer a part of the Arredondo residence. We (well, technically Alex's brother) found a good home for her (thanks, Anthony!). I'm having such mixed emotions about the whole thing on the one hand I am THRILLED-I'm not sure if that makes me a bad pet owner or just a plain ol' bad person! And then on the other hand I'm SO SAD-so maybe there's some redemption in my sadness! While she drove me CRAZY! I really did/do love her and will miss her! She was sort of like our "baby" until we got the human variety. I've always thought that once you take on the responsibility of a pet you should just see it through to the end, well, the end came sooner than I (and probably she) thought, at least for being a part of this family. We've been thinking about finding another home for her for a while, and well, this opportunity came up and we took it! I'm glad she's going to a good place and she'll even have a doggie friend to play with, which she's been needing for a long time. We've been trying to prep the kids but who knows how much they actually understand? I know they'll be sad, Ethan will be for sure, Abby I don't know? I do know this: The Dondo house will be pet free for a long, long, long, long, long time.
Daisy started out with us, and while she won't end up with us, she'll always have a special spot in our hearts.

The day we got her, she was so little, didn't take up much space in the kitchen sink!
4 comments:
I can't believe it! I'm surprised her heart has lasted this long, I thought for sure she was going to keel over on our last run together.
I was getting all choked up reading your post... then my husband has to go and put something like that. She wormed her way into my heart too, and yet I'm happy for you.
Since you now have an opening at your house, I'll be shipping two beagles your way. They are wonderful. Always. I promise. (Except for right now when they're eating Kaylee's snack off her high chair.) I'm glad you found a good home for Daisy. She will be missed I'm sure!
We had to get rid of our two dogs when we moved into our Orem apartment. I was sad, but also relieved (and I felt guilty too). They went to better homes and it's been nice to not have to take care of them.
Post a Comment