This is a bad way to start off the new year, I am SOOOOOO not motivated to do anything! No running, no major organizing, no laundry (well I'm NEVER motivated to do laundry cuz I hate it), no doing dishes, no picking up toys, no nothing! I don't know if it's because I've been sick and I'm tired. Or I'm tired because I haven't been motivated. Or I'm not motivated because I'm sick -n- tired? Whatever the case may be I need to get my act together! I keep reading about how people are sticking to their New Year resolutions {of which I have not and will not make-maybe more TITIU'S like last year but no resolutions} and I admire them, but does it motivate and inspire me to do more? Ummm, no. So what to do? As my ever wise and loving husband says 'You need to get out of the rut and into the groove!' :o) Truer words were never spoken, and that's exactly what I need to do...but...how? How do you get motivated when you're not?!
Utah - June 2026
2 months ago

3 comments:
I hate to say it, but the only thing that works for me is to just do it even when I DON'T WANT TO AT ALL. I don't get back into the groove until I've already done one or two things, and then it's easier to keep going.
But if you can play music at the same time, that sometimes helps. :)
Sorry Kelli. I read this yesterday, but didn't really feel motivated to respond. :) Hang in there. Soon the dishes and laundry will be piled so high that the motivation will come. At least that usually happens to me. What an adorable picture of Abby. Is she really sleeping?
Thanks Beth and you're right! I tried your advice and it seems to be working! I'm actually getting stuff done, after starting out with mopping! So thanks!
Carrie you're funny! And you're right too! Laundry was piled so high it was making me crazy! And that picture isn't of Abby, it's just one I found online. It does look like her though, huh?
Post a Comment