Sunday, January 17, 2010

New Year-New Kelli-Maybe?

OK well technically I'm still me BUT I'm trying to make some changes for the better this year. They are NOT resolutions, I repeat NOT resolutions since I am officially anti-resolutions (see '08's Happy Lame-o New Year's Eve post). I refuse to do resolutions because it's seems I'm just setting myself up for failure. I realize I don't necessarily have to fail at the resolutions I make but for me it's...well...inevitable. So why torture myself?

However there are some things I'd like to accomplish this year. And before you say UH-DUH, Kelli those ARE resolutions! Call them that if you must. I will call them "Things I'm Trying to Improve Upon" or TITIU for short.

I am afraid if I list them now, they will in fact become resolutions and NOT TITIU's...Perhaps that is not a good idea. So I'll just give a few broad and slightly non comittal statements about my intentions for this coming year and maybe some will work and maybe some won't. I guess we shall see.

I might have asked a few friends if they would care to join me on high or low cardiovascular activity. These activities may or may not occur a few times a week (give or take)...

I may have purchased and might have STARTED to utilize certain organizational items for in and around my home and or vehicles, which may or may not end up finished...

There's a slight possibility that there could be some increased effort to not procrastinate the preparation of my church RS lesson's...

There might be some intentions to possibly do some container gardening...

There's a small possibility of doing more fun family activities which may include but are not limited too: camping-or not, trips to the beach-or not, a cruise-or not, summertime trip to Utah-or not, etc.-or not....

I might try to read some books that could help my intellectual/spiritual function or possible growth...

That could be the end of my TITIU list...Or maybe not...

Please understand it is not my intention for ME to be non comittal it is my TITIU that I am possibly being non comittal about. So maybe I should add that to my TITIU list-make an effort to be less non comittal when making TITIU's...

Maybe I'll add that to my TITIU list or maybe I won't...

4 comments:

Jen said...

That was hilarious Kelli! Good luck on your TITTIU!

Jana said...

They may (or may not) have been the best list of unresolutions I've ever seen. You go girl! :)

Melanie Bingham said...

LOL! funny girl. I think they will be a success!

Singled Out said...

the intention of this comment may or may not let you know that I absolutely laughed out loud (and really hard) at every one of your TITUIs. I may or may not join you in committing or not committing to any sort of unresolved resolution er, I mean TITUIs.