WARNING: There is a bit of bragging and proud mothery feelings going on in this post, consider yourself warned...BUT I have said before and will say again it's not that I feel my kids are better or smarter than anyone else's...It's just that they're MY kids and this all sort of new to me!
Ethan loves Thomas and Friends and for Christmas he received some "really useful" tracks and trains and DVD's, and he's had so much fun building different configurations with the new tracks and watching his DVD's...Here's some pictures of his creations (Alex or myself will help a little but it's mostly all his doing).
I think he's pretty smart to have figured out these layouts, there is the off chance that I'm a bit biased though. I think he's been blessed with that part in the brain that tells him he MUST take things apart just to see how they work and then put them back together (just like Alex). Which I think must aid him when he's putting together his tracks...Or something...
But he knows all the engines. I've seen (but mostly heard) Thomas as much as he has and I have no clue who anyone is except Thomas and Percy ( I have to ask Ethan who they are) but he can recognize them in an instant and knows their color and number and what they "do"...
Maybe this is nothing new to all you more experienced mom's-the realization that you're kid is a super genius! And you might be laughing at me now, thinking Oh that Kelli she's so naive, he's just doing what all 3 year olds do! So maybe I AM just a proud Mama!
But maybe he is a little bit of a genius!
Or maybe just maybe it's a little of both... :o)
AND just so you know I will always love Ethan even if he isn't a boy genius, but I'm pretty sure he is...
Ethan loves Thomas and Friends and for Christmas he received some "really useful" tracks and trains and DVD's, and he's had so much fun building different configurations with the new tracks and watching his DVD's...Here's some pictures of his creations (Alex or myself will help a little but it's mostly all his doing).
I think he's pretty smart to have figured out these layouts, there is the off chance that I'm a bit biased though. I think he's been blessed with that part in the brain that tells him he MUST take things apart just to see how they work and then put them back together (just like Alex). Which I think must aid him when he's putting together his tracks...Or something...
But he knows all the engines. I've seen (but mostly heard) Thomas as much as he has and I have no clue who anyone is except Thomas and Percy ( I have to ask Ethan who they are) but he can recognize them in an instant and knows their color and number and what they "do"...
Maybe this is nothing new to all you more experienced mom's-the realization that you're kid is a super genius! And you might be laughing at me now, thinking Oh that Kelli she's so naive, he's just doing what all 3 year olds do! So maybe I AM just a proud Mama!
But maybe he is a little bit of a genius!
Or maybe just maybe it's a little of both... :o)
AND just so you know I will always love Ethan even if he isn't a boy genius, but I'm pretty sure he is...
4 comments:
I'm pretty sure he's a genious too :)
Yep I agree genious! Now the trick will be to find other activities that will help further develop that part of his brain. This kid has a bright future!!
Trax Engineer in the making
For sure he is super smart and advanced. He gets that from his aunt Kristi. Although I am pretty sure he has me beat at taking things apart and putting them back together. I know who to call to help me figure things out...my 3 yr. old nephew, that's who!
Post a Comment