On MLK day we decided to go to the zoo, since it was a beautiful cool day and Alex had the day off. AND it was free, well, not entirely we did pay $30.00 for lunch (yep for some hot dogs and chicken fingers and fries and drinks=$30.00), we decided we didn't mind paying that much since we didn't have to pay to get in, we figured it's our way of supporting the animals...Well, wait we were eating animals so that's not much support at all, is it?! Anwyay...
Since it was a free day that meant it was totally packed, but other than having to wrestle our way around people and kids, AND we were pretty sure Abby (being stroller bound) was sick and tired of looking at everyone's behinds, we had a great day!
Since it was a free day that meant it was totally packed, but other than having to wrestle our way around people and kids, AND we were pretty sure Abby (being stroller bound) was sick and tired of looking at everyone's behinds, we had a great day!
Couple of highlights:
**ALL the animals were out and the trainers were feeding a lot of them so they were really active, a giraffe was happily trotting about, we saw a little mama monkey with her tiny little baby holding on for dear life and the HUGE male elephant was pretty much doing circus tricks, that was a lot of fun to see!
**We were in the building where the aquarium is and of course they have some huge drum fish (I think they're drum fish, the great big dark grey kind) you know... swimming around...This teenage boy walks up next to me and talking to no one in particular says "Wow! Look at those fish! They're huge! But I bet it's the glass that makes them look bigger." I smiled and said to him in all seriousness "Yeah, it's actually magnifying glass, these fish are really just tiny little fish." He turns to me and says in total surprise "REALLY?" I smiled and said "Yep." And walked away, thinking I can't believe he just believed me! Mean? Probably, but I couldn't help myself... Proof that I've been married to Alex for too long!
**Ethan was startled by a mouse/hamster that was behind some glass and appeared out of no where-he jumped and bolted! Alex and I cracked up, poor kid, he's probably going to hate mice/hamsters now. But he was so excited about seeing everything! He was talking up a storm and walked his little legs off!
Here's some pic.'s
**We were in the building where the aquarium is and of course they have some huge drum fish (I think they're drum fish, the great big dark grey kind) you know... swimming around...This teenage boy walks up next to me and talking to no one in particular says "Wow! Look at those fish! They're huge! But I bet it's the glass that makes them look bigger." I smiled and said to him in all seriousness "Yeah, it's actually magnifying glass, these fish are really just tiny little fish." He turns to me and says in total surprise "REALLY?" I smiled and said "Yep." And walked away, thinking I can't believe he just believed me! Mean? Probably, but I couldn't help myself... Proof that I've been married to Alex for too long!
**Ethan was startled by a mouse/hamster that was behind some glass and appeared out of no where-he jumped and bolted! Alex and I cracked up, poor kid, he's probably going to hate mice/hamsters now. But he was so excited about seeing everything! He was talking up a storm and walked his little legs off!
Here's some pic.'s
1 comment:
What a fun day! I've never really thought about how boring the bums must get for stroller bound kids to look at. So true! Abby looks so much older than a couple months ago. Time sure flies.
Post a Comment