Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Really...35?

Uuugggghhhh! Turning 35 is hard! I'm practically 40! And then before I know it I'll be 60 and then I'll be dead! ;p Usually I don't really care what number I am, but 35 just feels...well...old! And all my much younger friends keep telling me 35 is NOT old and I realize I still have many more good years ahead of me...But not THAT many. I'm not trying to be a whiner or complainer about this, although I really want to whine and complain about it...

BUT I'll just stop and say:

I'm grateful for my life and that I've had a good 35 years and here's to hoping I have another 35 good years! And I hope once Ethan graduates college he'll be prepared to take care of his VERY elderly mother (sniff sniff).

I would also like to mention that I have great friends who took me to lunch today on eve of my *"life's anniversary"* and made me forget for a little while that I'm old! And I have a great husband who still loves his 'old lady' and took me on a date...My actual birthday is tomorrow but since Alex was off of work we decided to celebrate a day early...

*My funny friend Terri and her funny husband Matt came up with the term "life's anniversary" because Terri asked me what I wanted to do for my birthday and I said "just ignore it, I don't want to celebrate my birthday" (sounds slightly more pathetic here than when I actually said it). And Matt came up with this term to help ease the burden of having to celebrate my birthday for the 35th time...* Thanks Matt, it's almost better.

P.S. I also want to clarify that I don't think other people who are 35+ are old, I just mean in reference to myself, that I feel old being 35 and all...

4 comments:

Mattamorphasis said...

It might help if you don't think of yourself as 35, but rather as half way to 70...wait that probably doesn't help at all.

Melanie Bingham said...

All I can say is 35 is only bad if you're pregnant. ugg! If you're having anymore cuties which I suggest you should because you make them dang cute...hurry and do it NOW! Because yes sista we are getting old! Happy Birthdy! In truth 35 is the new 25!ps are you guys coming up this summer?

Kelli said...

Yeah Mattamorphasis that doesn't help at ALL! But still funny nonetheless!

And Mel: Thanks for the encouragement :o) and yes we are planning on coming possibly August? Hey! Then we could see Noah! OK we're coming for sure then!

Carrie said...

Happy birthday! I think it's definitely a reason to take another Hawaii trip.