OK OK before you all have me committed for thinking I can train for and run a full marathon in 4 months, just know that I have a plan in place. I mean there needs to be some order and logic to the crazy thinking, right?
So here's my plan and hopefully it's realistic enough...
I'm training as if I will do a full marathon in November. Started my 16 week training plan today as a matter of fact, thank you very much. However, I have not fully committed to the idea of a full marathon yet (just trying to keep it real). The fee to register for the marathon goes up on Sept. 1st, so I plan to train until then to see how my training goes (if I totally slack off or if I stay on top of it whatever the case may be). So at the end of August I will decide if I am going to do the full or the half in November, apparently my being cheap is a motivating factor. Also I am going to sign up for a half marathon in October, that too will give a good indication of whether or not I could actually do a full. And if I decide I can't do a full in November then I guess I'm out the registration fee..
So basically I guess in a way I AM gonna GO FOR IT but with a healthy dose of reality!
Wish me luck, I'll definitely need it!
I need to give a shout out to my good bud Cara for going along with my crazy idea, she's nice enough to try it with me! Thanks Cara, you are a good and true friend! And to all my other good and true friends (and family) for being so supportive and encouraging! Thanks!
Utah - June 2026
2 months ago
5 comments:
YOU GO GIRL!!!!!It's always good to keep in real
Do or Do Not, there is no try. But I know you can do it! Good luck!
WAY TO GO! You guys rock! You can do it!
Go Kelli you can do it!!!!
I love you, but you're crazy. Of course, this is coming from someone who calls walking to the mailbox exercise.
Post a Comment